dlc ignoring my cca letter and follow up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could do with some help please. Received a letter from dlc staying I owe Orange money. Sent a request fror CCA recorded delivered. This was received and signed by them. Received another letter from them, ignoring mine and threatening again. Sent a non-conformist letter recorded delivery which they received and signed for. Again this letter was ignored and I today received another from them stating that as I had iignored their letters they were passing the matter to a Solicitor and sending a debt collector round. I asked them what the debt is for but they have not answered that.

Where do I go next please?

Thank you Soozisioux

If the debt IS for Orange then there will be no CCA as mobile contracts do not fall under the CCA1974.

Have you ever had a mobile from orange? broadband?

Would think the correct letter to send would be the prove the debt letter rather than a s78 request. By sending s78 they may think you actually know what the debt is but are trying to wriggle out of it.

S.

Hi, the only correspondence I have had is three letters from dlc basically saying pay up or else. I presume they are servicing it for Orange. They are now threatening me with Solicitors and a visit. It annoys me that they ignore my letters. I have asked them what the debt is for but it has fallen on deaf ears. I did have Orange broadband at my old address but as they couldn't transfer their service to my new address I had to cancel it. I rang them a month before and I was told to ring on the day I was moving to cancel the service as it would be done immediately which is what I did. I haven't heard anything from Orange since and I did give them my new address.

Hope this helps a bit.

If there is no mention of Hellsden Securities in the letters it probably means they are working on behalf of Orange and they should only have the account for 3 or 6 months depending on the agreement between them. If this is the case, the liklihood of legal action is low and depending on when they got the account it should soon be returned to Orange. You will have a breather for a month or two then you will receive letters from another DCA.

You may wish to wait for some bigger DLC experts to comment but I think it is unlikely that they will litigate. Do they know where you work or if you own your home?

Hi as far as I am aware they don't know where I work and I don't own my own house anyway.

In that case I beleive at the moment it is just threats trying to frighten you into paying. I assumed as much as Hillsden mostly purchase bank debt - but wanted to make sure - may have been a new aquisition.

I would suggest waiting for others to comment though - it has been a while since I dealt with DLC :)

Thanks to lop for the advice and will get the prove it letter in the post tomorrow using signed for. It's very difficult to sort anything out with these people when my own letters get ignored. I suppose they are wanting me to phone them which I have no intention of doing.

Thanks Soozisioux

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.