Have to sign on even though DWP have acknowleded that I can't walk more than 100metres

shazzy70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i recentley attended a medical by the DWP regarding my claim for ESA. The result was that they have agreed my claim for ESA but I must attend the Job Centre fortnightly to show that I am doing everything I can to overcome my illness. I still don't have a diagnosis and am currently attending hospital appt's on a regular basis and undergoing test, this has been going on since november 2008. My symptoms are same as ME/MS but everything else has to be ruled out before I can have a firm diagnosis. My husband is having to take time off of work to take me to sign on for the first time this afternoon. This is putting me under a great deal of pressure because I don't know how I'm going to attend further appts. My husband can't keep taking the time off work to take me. The job Centre is about a mile away from any public transport and the Job Centre won't pay for a door-to-door taxi. I am currently appeal a claim for mobility and can't afford a taxi or a carer to teke me there. The Job Centre have agreed to see me on the Ground floor but this really doesn't help me with further visits. The visit this afternoon will put me in great discomfort and make me bed ridden for the next few days. Please Help ASAP so I can go to my interview this afternoon armed with good advice.

yes I have had my medical with ATOS and they decided I was entitled the ESA main phase work activity and that I couldn't walk more than 100 metres but I would have to walk at least 1 1/2 miles on a round trip to get to the job centre using public transport. They will not meet the costs of a door-to-door taxi and I need someone with me to assist me with walking, standing, sitting etc

Could it be your work focused interviews.

I had to go on crutches but I did manage to get a lift.

Mine were before I was awarded ESA because it took so long for my appeal to be heard.

They are a waste of time cos who is gonna give us a job?

I went with 'pathways to work' and it was compulsary but only 6 times.

Expenses are hit and miss for non JSA interviews at a jobcentre, have you spoken to the personal adviser to discuss how the journey impacts on both you and your husband (him having to take time off work to get you to the appointment), I know our DEA adviser has the discretion to be able to reimburse taxi fares as long as it is pre arranged via her and you would need to pay the fare one way requesting a receipt to show what he return journey would coast for it to be remibursed. I would strongly recommend contacting your adviser on Monday to discuss this further.

Taxi fares are not normally reimbursed as it the cheapest method of transport.

If it is your work focused appointment then those are mandatory but the PA also can consider how relevant the 6 appointments will be and may be able to defer further appintments following the inital appointment.

yes I have had my medical with ATOS and they decided I was entitled the ESA main phase work activity and that I couldn't walk more than 100 metres...

Surely that means you are in the wrong group? You should be in the support group if you are having so much trouble getting around, not the work activity group.