Hfo services/capital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

i am here as a matter or desperation and am looking for some good advice.

4 months ago i started to recieve some very strange calls from this company/outfit, claiming that i owed them money as they had bought the debt from barclaycard.

Without any confirmation i hung up and looked them up online (wish i had found you guys sooner).

Everything i found made me believe that they were trying to [problem] me so i did nothing.

Everytime they called i would just hang up (sometimes upto 8 times an evening) and hope that they would get the message.

Then they stepped it up a gear, calling my wife during the day, telling her that i was an f£££ing coward, how baliffs would come to my house and take everything etc. They have called 3 of my neighbours telling them that i owe money and that i should call hfo as a matter of urgency (i cant believe that this is legal???!)

2 weeks ago i received a letter (first ever ) from turnbull rutherford sols telling me that hfo had instructed them to start legal proceedings.

This morning i received a claim form from northampton county court bulk centre - now a bit worried

i did take out a barclaycard back as a student (200 limit, last payment according to barclaycard 7th dec 2004) i do not still have the card and have not heard anything from barclaycard about an outstanding balence or that this apparent debt was to be or had been sold to hfo, i have had no other contact with hfo prior to the recent ever.

I am being asked to pay now nearly 1300£ by way of interest and costs.

I have phone barclay card and they will tell me nothing

my neighbours are happy if needed to make statements. And i have 3 tapes of a man from hfo basically abusing my wife.

There seems to be so much wrong with all of this and i just want to know if anyone can tell me what i should do?

Many many thanks in advance

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome, first you need to complain to the OFT regarding their behaviour, I will post a contact shortly.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi bil

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

If your last payment was Dec 2004, then the debt is Statuted Barred providing you have no CCJ for the debt.

The matter should be reported to the OFT and Trading Standards. You will have to defend the claim, but your defence

will be that it's SB.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ihtmanual/ihtm28384.htm

Double check the last payment date.

In your complaint to the OFT, transcribe the tapes.

OFT contact is James Waldron, and the address is OFT, Fleet Bank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4 8JX.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

This is seriously bad. Could someone alert the Barclaycard rep to this, by PM?

Here’s his profile:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?324873-Barclaycard

I’d do it myself, but apparently I’m a menace so I’m not allowed.

On it now D.

Particulars of claim

the claim is for monies owed to the claimant by the defendantpursuant to an interest bearing credit agreement regulated by cca 1974 claiment was assigned debt and rights by barclaycard. The defendant has been provided notice of assignment previously, then a bit about 17% interest and more saying that i will receive more infoin accordance with cpr practice

Afternoon all,

4 months ago i started to recieve some very strange calls from this company/outfit, claiming that i owed them money as they had bought the debt from barclaycard.

Without any confirmation i hung up and looked them up online (wish i had found you guys sooner).

Everything i found made me believe that they were trying to [problem] me so i did nothing.

Everytime they called i would just hang up (sometimes upto 8 times an evening) and hope that they would get the message.

Then they stepped it up a gear, calling my wife during the day, telling her that i was an f£££ing coward, how baliffs would come to my house and take everything etc. They have called 3 of my neighbours telling them that i owe money and that i should call hfo as a matter of urgency (i cant believe that this is legal???!)

2 weeks ago i received a letter (first ever ) from turnbull rutherford sols telling me that hfo had instructed them to start legal proceedings.

This morning i received a claim form from northampton county court bulk centre - now a bit worried

i did take out a barclaycard back as a student (200 limit, last payment according to barclaycard 7th dec 2004) i do not still have the card and have not heard anything from barclaycard about an outstanding balence or that this apparent debt was to be or had been sold to hfo, i have had no other contact with hfo prior to the recent ever.

my neighbours are happy if needed to make statements. And i have 3 tapes of a man from hfo basically abusing my wife.

There seems to be so much wrong with all of this and i just want to know if anyone can tell me what i should do?

Can I suggest you send a copy of your story to Tony Hetherington at the Mail on Sunday? Your case has similarities with this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1179871/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Hurl-brick-window-advises-solicitor.html

Afternoon all,

Based on your information the debt is statute barred.

We can defend the claim on this basis and you'll be able to claim some legal costs for your work based on a rate of £9.25 per hour.

The OFT issues and the like can wait for now. At this moment in time your only priority is to defend the claim.

I assume you have been given a password and log in details for moneyclaim.gov? If so we can get started on this. I too had an account with Barclaycard which was a student credit card debt; HFO took me to court and I won. Twice in fact. I've even taken them to court and won money from them. So you are in god hands especially with brokenarrow and DonkeyB assisting who have their own tales to tell.

Hopefully the Barclaycard rep can come on board and help with this, as Barclaycard have been unhelpful to you.

This is the second claim we’ve seen this week with ‘further particulars to follow’ – is this a ruse to get you to wait for more documents or details, so they get default judgment?

Can you post the PoC word for word, omitting the amounts , account numbers and your personal details? The detail is important.

I rang the sols and said about s/b and they said that although i had never acknowledged the debt they had information from my mortgage and credit history proving i live at my present address. I would like to reiterate that i have never spoken to hfo, my wife once when contacted asked tht any correspondance be sent by post and not to call us again, but this just made it worse

Hi bil

Here are the details of the Barclaycard Rep. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?324873-Barclaycard

Make sure you don't speak to them over the phone. Counter sue them for Harrassment.

Hi bil I have sent an email to the Barclaycard rep, you should also contact them as well.

what number did you phone Barclaycard on, I have a few others.

Hi bil I have sent an email to the Barclaycard rep, you should also contact them as well.

what number did you phone Barclaycard on, I have a few others.

Don't speak to Barclaycard over the phone, you will just go around in circles.

Tell her not to worry, one thing for sure the guys here will help.

I'll leave it to the guys, too many cooks.8-)

Please can i very quickly say that the responce to this is heart warming, thank you so much!!! My wife is sitting here in tears!

I spent 4 hours on the phone to them last night, phoned about 10 different numbers, they kept hanging up on me before finally telling me to call back today, when i got throug they said thatt hey had sold the debt in august 2005, i asked why i was not informed and i was then told that for any further info i would have to contact hfo - which i will never do!

I spent 4 hours on the phone to them last night, phoned about 10 different numbers, they kept hanging up on me before finally telling me to call back today, when i got throug they said thatt hey had sold the debt in august 2005, i asked why i was not informed and i was then told that for any further info i would have to contact hfo - which i will never do!

This is the number for the directors office ask for Paul Hart SENIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER

DIRECTORS OFFICE TEL: 0844 0903111

Please can i very quickly say that the responce to this is heart warming, thank you so much!!! My wife is sitting here in tears!

No problem. We'll nail 'em with this one and hopefully get you some summer spending money out of it too ;-)