Been discriminated against on the grounds of disability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I submit my form showing me looking for work to mitigate my losses, should I mention my Open University course as evidence that I am trying to gain further position?

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well despite Papasmurfs most elequeant email stating that the offer was unacceptable, I got an email from ACAS saying ' Further to your email the respondent wants to know what your counter offer is'.

So much for appreciating the written word!

Anyhow, I am going to make a counter offer of 20k and want to say something about it being a point of negotiation so it doesnt scare them off like the first time without making me look desperate. Any suggestions for a figure or way to express myself?

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

haha cheers Papasmurf. Right so I just say in addition to the previously stated conditions of settlement I wish to counter with 25k?

I have had an interview in the past week and fingers crossed I will hear about it tommorrow so hopeully will soon once again be gainfully employed!

Just remember those numbers you actually want and stick to them. They want out just as you do but they also don't want to pay too much. Their solicitor will be telling them what he thinks your case is worth and telling them what the legal costs will be on top.

Them having a solicitor is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Good in the sense they will run rings around the litigant in person .. you, but a bad thing in that it increases their costs greatly. That is where they are vulnerable. Most litigants don't get what the case is actually worth but to get what you actually want (and a bit on top if you can get it) is definitely the aim.

nutter you were offered i think £3000 to drop your case, which is you rightly rejected, did you ask for £30,000 and now you have dropped to £25,000, they will come back with a silly offer, i think anything from £10,000 to maybe £14000 would be a good offer, look at it like this you made their life hell and rightly so, you have won nutter, they have to pay you now, btw how strong was your evidence against your employer?

I did ask for just above 26k in my Schedule of Loss, so if they offer silly money I demand silly money.

My evidence against my employer is quite strong however all employment tribunals are subjective so you never know on the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Ex-employer as come back rejected 25k offered 7k, going down to 18k see what they say. They have agreed the reference and if I drop down to this, then they should counteroffer around 10-11k. ultimately i think between 12-15k is reasonable and this will be my range to settle for.

There hasnt been any breakdown of any of the offers so far. It just a case of agreeing a figure really.

When I make my counter offer Shall I offer a breakdown of what I am asking for?

no its been pretty much like this. Schedule was 26k including lost wages over last 8 months. They offered 3k, i countered with 25k, they offered 7k I countered with 18k. So looking somewhere hopefully between 12 and 15k.

• 1 month later...