Quick Question: Time it takes for a Judges summary?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new here, only just found this forum (boy I could have used all your advice many moons ago, but hey ho 8)).

My wife has recently taken her ex-employers to court for unfair dismissal, the Judge has said that she will post her answer & summary at a later date, asking our Solicitor how long this would take, he can only say somewhere between 2 weeks (past that now), and 4 months?

Surely this can't be right?, since the decision has already been made, is there no way at all that we can find out even if we've won or not??, are we really at the mercy of when the Judge can be bothered to write up her reasons for her (and the JP's), desicion and post it?

Also, seeing as how we caught out the other side, falsifying a witness statement that they then preceeded to put on us at the last minuet (10 minuets before my wife entered court), by way of attempting to change the date that the said statement was written (but forgetting to remove the original date prior to photocoping, then handing us and the Judge a copy... DOH.. They wanted to make it look like the statement had only just been written (and verbally stated that it had only just been written), when infact it was written some 2 weeks before)... Is there any Legal come back for this? eg: can we sue them for it?

Cheers,

Dave.

Edited by themoonscrescent

Hi,

I'm new here, only just found this forum (boy I could have used all your advice many moons ago, but hey ho 8)).

My wife has recently taken her ex-employers to court for unfair dismissal, the Judge has said that she will post her answer & summary at a later date, asking our Solicitor how long this would take, he can only say somewhere between 2 weeks (past that now), and 4 months? That is correct.

Surely this can't be right?, since the decision has already been made, is there no way at all that we can find out even if we've won or not??, are we really at the mercy of when the Judge can be bothered to write up her reasons for her (and the JP's), desicion and post it? The judges have not made a decision. They will review the entire case individually and then convene to come to a decision collectively. It must then be written up in a legal format that succintly explains the decision and the reasons for it - so that it may, if necessary, be appealed. The format of the written decision must be checked and re-checked for errors in law or decision making to exclude as far as is possible any grounds for appeal. They will have to do this whilst also conducting a heavy case load of other peoples cases.

Also, seeing as how we caught out the other side, falsifying a witness statement that they then preceeded to put on us at the last minuet (10 minuets before my wife entered court), by way of attempting to change the date that the said statement was written (but forgetting to remove the original date prior to photocoping, then handing us and the Judge a copy... DOH.. They wanted to make it look like the statement had only just been written (and verbally stated that it had only just been written), when infact it was written some 2 weeks before)... Is there any Legal come back for this? eg: can we sue them for it? No. Alleged falsification of evidence is a matter for the tribunal. There was a case, I think a couple of years ago, where a Scottish tribunal had someone charged with falsification of evidence, but it is the only time I have known it to happen.

Cheers,

Dave.

I have to type something here so I have!

Hi SarEl,

Thanx for the responce 8-)

Sorry, should have clarified a little (it was early hours and I was trying to keep it as slim as possible), the Judge & JP's have had their meeting to decide (that was 3 weeks after my wifes day in Court).

Shame about the witness statement though, would have been nice to hit them again, assuming my wife wins of course?

Ok they may have done - but until it is written up it isn't a formal decision. Just remember how long it took you to get to tribunal and work out how busy they are! You don't want it screwing up now just because they rushed it.