robins way

julrydr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Would Like To No Who Robinsonway Are They Have Sent A Letter Demading £8,288.28 Pound This Debt Was With Hsbc Over 6yrs Ago They Have Said They Will Take Me To Court If I Do Not Pay And Have People Come To My Home To Collect This Money What Should I Do I Am A Single Parent Have A Part Time Jobb And Struggling To Pay For The Basic Bills That I Have To Pay

Hi jul

Robinsonway are a well known DCA on here with many threads to their name

Firstly and not easy I know but try not to worry as there's a long way to go yet re going to Court (Which loads of help will be available) and as for people coming to collect highly unlikely and easily dealt with

Can you remember the last time you made a payment/ackowledged in writing this alleged debt for if there's been a clear period of 6yrs without it will be Statute Barred anyway (Get your thinking cap on)

You could send a prove it letter and see what that brings back from them . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Don't sign the letter just print your name, keep a copy and as money seems tight send it by normal post and get proof of posting

DCA's rely on intimidation, fear and peoples lack of knowledge

Keep the thread updated and watch the info and support come in, especially from the CAGGERs that love Robinsonway :wink:

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Just do as advised by Revenant in post #3

Do not under any curcumstances contact them by phone.

If they ring you, refuse to answer their security question, don't even confirm your name and put the phone down.

If you are certain you have never paid or acknowledged this debt in over 6 years, there is nothing to worry about, it is not legally enforceable anymore

There is nothing to fear from Robbingscum Pay.

Just get on with your life and forget about them

This seems as if Robs'way are chancing their arm on a Stat Barred debt and trying to scare you into paying

This is the letter for when SB applies . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

As you appear so positive (Re the default off your CRF . . very good sign) throw that letter at them

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

pers i'd ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think that it is a good idea to write, but you must make clear that as the debt is statute-barred no money will be forthcoming. This puts the DCA in the position that any further demand for payment would constitute unfair trading and be a clear breach of OFT Guidance.

DCAs can pursue statute-barred debt (though it can't be enforced), unless they have been told that the debtor won't be paying.

They can't do anything other than send more letters if ignored, but for the price of a second-class stamp (don't forget to get proof of posting), why not put an end to their tedious nonsense.