Credit Security Ltd.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding balance with Lloyds TSB and have been receiving letters saying that it has now been passed to Credit Security. The other day I had a card through the door saying that a doorstep collector had called to see me(!!) and that I now need to ring his mobile number to reschedule. I don't recall anyone knocking and there was a 1st class stamp on the envelope which seemed odd. Is this scare tactics or can they really turn up at my door demanding money?! My fiancé said not to worry too much but obviously I'm panicking now :( please can someone advise me?

Anxious xxx

Hi and welcome to the forum. They can come to your door if they have off premises canvassing on their CCA licence. However they have no powers at all and you can turn them away with a flea in their ear.

There is a letter in the CAG library you can send to stop them if you want.

However as it has been sent through the post, this is a trick to get you to call them.

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Go to this link for the letter and advise on doorstep collections, so you are ready if they were to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

So ok , now you are a little more comfortable with the situation, would you like the forum to give you some more advice regarding the debt?

If so we need to know a few things like what the debt is for, when was it taken out etc

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Hi.advise Credit Security in writing no phone calls,

That a Doorstep Collector can only call by invitation and you have no desire to offer such an invitation,should you or your Collector choose to ignore this ,(1)You will call the Police (2)This you are well aware is the Law. send the letter recorded delivery.

There will be a Template letter in the site Library

As your fiance has told you do not worry

regards FS

I'm not as worried now, thank you all! :) I just don't like the idea of them turning up at my door harassing me and upsetting my baby! The debt is for an overdraft that was never paid back for various reasons. I'm a full time mum with no money so it's not like they're gonna get much of the debt back at the moment. I defaulted in 2008 and haven't spoken to any DCAs at all...I'm sure Westcott were ringing me for a while and harassing me by post but I ignored it.

Anxious xxx