Mackenzie Hall /QQ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am currently being hounded by mackenzie hall, i stupidly took a loan from quickquid and there is £450 owing, and it has been passed to Mackenzie hall, they called me up and told me they needed it paid within three months so £150 per month, i said i couldn't pay, they then got to me to say i would pay £25 per week, which i still cannot afford, i have written to them informing them of this, and have now received more calls saying they will take me to court and get a ccj then a sherrifs order ( baliffs) i presume... i have offered £25 per month... i think this is reasonable as i can't pay money i don't have ... any help would be very much appreciated, they also told me that this is different to any other loan or card i have as they have my electronic signature and i should of paid it off within 30 days, so it isn't like other debts when it comes to recovering the money, oh yes and they also questioned why i took the loan in the first place, i did say it has nothing to do with them and they shouldn't sit there judging my life.

any help would be great thank you ...

Hi,

As you don't have many posts, I won't tell you off for talking to them on the phone:-)

Stick to letters from now on.

All this guff about court/bailiffs are threats-nothing more. Before a bailiff can call, you must have got a CCJ against you and failed to pay the judgement. Then and ONLY then can they go back to court and get the bailiffs involved.

YOU tell them what you are going to pay-not them tell you. Pay what you can afford and send it in a Postal Order to them. Do not give them bank details/credit card/debit card details. If you want to, you can send them a budget planner showing what you have to spare each month then if they tried to take this to court, you could show that you have been attempting to settle the debt.

Also-report their sorry asses to East Ayrshire Trading Standards (I think it should go to Alsitair Stewart)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

MHall are nothing more than bullies who try to make people pay off debts at rates which are unaffordable but which benefit them the most.

Tell them in writing and by recorded delivery that from now on all communications must be in writing only or they will face complaints about harrassment.

Tell them what you are offering is based on your circumstances rather than theirs. You do not have to give full details of your income and expenditure and they certainly can't demand that from you. But you could tell them you receive £100 each week and your outgoings amount to £98 so you are offering them the remainder. Adjust that to suit your circumstances. If they were silly enough to take you to court the judge would view their tactics with some disdain. They know this and as far as I'm aware MH have never taken anyone to court.

Complaints about MHall should be sent to Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Council.

He he!!

Mucky hall are great, aren't they?!?

After one phonecall from them where I refused to go thru security, I told them to write to me only. Another couple of calls missed from them and now they resort to text messages telling me to phone somebody urgently and a reference number!!

I still don't know what debt they are chasing but at least I now have a reference number to write to them!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

got a question can Mackenzie hall write a letter to your employer? by law?

I got really embarrassed when my personnel manager gave me the brown letter marked urgent on it, Im glad she didnt open it though

Ooh this gets even better!

Psychological harassment to add to the list of complaints, you really really MUST complain to the OFT about these immature fools.

And Alan Stewart at east Ayrshire Trading Standards.

Sending letters to any third party, least of all your employer, is a very very big no no, and I would drag their sorry carcass to court for that.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

http://www.writetothem.com/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

cheers Bazooka Boo,

I have emailed the consumer direct people about the actions that Mackenzie hall are taking

How do I contact Alan Stewart at east Ayrshire Trading Standards?

Thanks

http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/comser/tradingstandards/main.asp

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Sorry but you'll have to do a bit of research yourself, it won't be hard, look through the TS website and I'm sure you'll find the appropriate desk.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!