Requesting Advice

xdg996678
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on a situation

Its concernnig my father (now 73) - over the years he has never been 'good' with money or financial related decisions (his wife used to hold the pursestrings). and roughly every 6 months or so Myself or my sister have to get involved to sort out the mess that he is in.

Recently he had gone (at recommendadation) to visit the CAB with regard to his debts.

The CAB drew up a plan with his creditors for reduced payments to fit his situation (he had stopped shopping for food etc as he could not afford it etc)

Unfortunatly, one or two companies (namely Barclaycard) continued to pursue the matter even referring it to a DCA.

My father, who I'll admit gets very easily confused was pressured into making higher payments to them (higher by a considerable degree)

Now I am looking to sort this out for him, and I intend to tell Barclaycard that he will honour the payments as stipulated by the DCA nothing more.

I just wondered if they had acted illegally (I am sure it is imoral)

I am also considering looking into taking a financial power of attorney, as he is getting to be his own worst enemy, but I dont know where to start

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Gary

xdg

....was pressured into making higher payments to them (higher by a considerable degree)

also, have a look at the OFT guidance on debt collection (currently under OFT review) for eg.

[ATTACH]24802[/ATTACH] eg para 2.6 f

Edited by Ford
typ