Not sure what to do first

HertsTog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow what a gold mine of information there is on CAG, in fact so much I'm not sure what steps I should be taking 1st

I've previously worked for clients via my own Ltd Co but the work has dried up so I now find myself claiming JSA (the DWP and HMRC see me as an employee)

One of my creditors pointed me at CCCS (a debt charity) and they have suggested that I send a standard letter (plus financial budget statement & list of creditors) to each creditor offering them a token payment of (say) £1 a month and asking that the interest be frozen etc until my financial situation improves

I also have a credit card from Aqua on which I had PPI, I tried to claim but was told by the folk at Halifax insurance that they classed me as self employed (unless I wound up the Ltd Co) and that the claim was rejected so it looks like I have a claim for mis selling of the PPI policy

Should I be sending those "token payment" letters to each creditor and the same time as a CCA (which I understand helps to establish if the loan/debt is enforceable) or should it be one or the other ?

Also if I send a PPI mis selling letter to Aqua should I also send the other 2 letters (or one of the other 2) as well

I'm not totaly sure where a SAR fits into these steps as some people seem to use that approach rather than a CCA request

I've taken on board the warning to open a new bank account with a bank where I have no debts in case my current bankers lump all of the debt together with my JSA payments and leave me with no food

Great Thanks in advance

Hello and Welcome, HertsTog.

Best thing to do would be to start a new thread on your individual debts in the appropriate Forums. If you have any problems with this I can 'link' you to each Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks Maroondevo52

As I have the same issue with several bank/lenders should I post the same Q in each appropriate section on CAG or just once as a token Q and then apply the advice across all of my creditors ?

Thanks

HT

Best keeping them all seperate, makes it easier for people to give appropriate advice.

Thanks

Hope I dont get different advice in different threads ;-)

Now thats something I can't guarantee, if any inappropriate advice is given there's always someone to correct it.