CABOT Again...Sorry

m1dpq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning to everyone (except CABOT)...

I am new to the site and would welcome some advice from the denizens of the site, if possible?

In May 2009 i was accepted onto the DRO and had all my debts squashed flat and removed from my concerns.. or so i thought... now i am getting quite a few alerts on my credit file with Equifax regarding "Kings Hill No.1" - which is CABOT..

However, if the debt was squashed and i am right in thinking that if i start getting hassled by these people, they can be prosecuted by the dro folks for harrasment (i have recording equipment attached to my incoming and outgoing telephone line)...

So how do i go about getting rid of these nasty folks, and get them stopped from adding new credit agreements to my credit file?

oh and one other thing.. I received a statement from Halifax, requesting payment of £8k for a debt squashed but they say they can only act and remove it if i send them a copy of my dro discharge letter, but i haven't recieved one and the dro ended in May 2010... ???

Any advice would be welcome..

Many Thanks..

M1dpq

Peter

Hi Guys,

And thank you for the welcome...

The DRO (Debt Relief Order), operates from ( the insolvency service ) .. In the Moratorium period the following takes place :-

The DRO will place a moratorium period upon the debts included in it. Creditors who are owed debts listed in the DRO cannot take any action for repayment of their debts during this moratorium without the permission of the court. Once this period has ended the debts listed in the DRO will be discharged and you will be free from those debts. During the period of the DRO you must carry on paying ongoing commitments, such as rent and utility bills. You will be responsible for any debts that you incur after a DRO has been approved but must not make any payments to any creditor who is included in the DRO.

There was a piece of info given in the pack that if any creditor started to hassle you for payments, then they could be prosecuted under the demise of harrasment!!

The intermeditary that helped with the Dro application was PayPlan and they couldn't have been more helpful.

I hope this helps...

regards

Peter

M!dpq

Cabot keep also messing with my equifax file

adding/removing defaults (never changing the date though when adding) and switching between Cabot and Kings Hill. It's happened now about 4 times in the past year. They have now put 2 defaults on for the same account, so dispute raised with equifax.