Insurance credit searches - can CRA see on your file?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have quite a bit of debt which I have pretended didn't exist due to a series of unhappy events and depression. I have laid low over the past 4 years in terms of not applying for credit, insurance, not on the electoral role etc and my debt should be SB in November of this year - so I'm praying for this time so I can start my life again.

I have a bit of a problem as I need a car for work (paid by cash), and I'm worried about getting insurance as they credit search?!? I understnd the DCAs search credit files on a regular basis to trace debtors?! I'm worried they will see that I'm still at the original address and know for sure I still live there.

Will the insurance search show on my file for the DCAs to see? Even if they do see I still live at the the original address, unless I own up to the debt what else can they do? Would they cross check with the DVLA and see a car registered in my name and try to obtain it?

My main worry is from a loan that has been sold on more times the last letter was asking 7,000 pounds less then the original debt and in their recent fishing letter they threatened to keep putting defaults on my files - so I know they're actively hunting me down.

I'm so close to being SB I don't want to ruin it by putting a great big marker on my credit file for all my creditors to see and close in on me. HELP!!! As I really do need a car to get on with my career - any advise would be gratefully received! Can i get someone else to insure the car and put my name on as an extra driver?

I'm so confused and unhappy as I really want to get on with my life and stop hiding

SY

Edited by SStevens

Hi

thanks for your response however I still require advice. I am not SB until the end of this year therefore the DCA still see me as fair game and are entitled to try and get their money. I'm not worried about the default on my file I'm worried that applying for car insurance will show on my file and the DCA will have proof of my address and track me down.

I have been keeping a low profile but need a car for my career. My question is when I appy for insurance will this application for car insurance show on my credit file as they all do credit checks now???

And secondly, if it does show will the Debt Collection Agency be able to see it??? If they can see it, won't this confirm my address when they do one of their traces????

I'm unsure how Experian and the likes work, and I don't know if a DCA trace will show an car insurance check - I don't want to jeopardise my low profile as only have 9 months of hiding before my debt is untouchable by the DCAs. I don't want to give them proof of my whereabouts so they can CCJ me or send the bailiffs round or take my car.

Has anyone had a similar experience or could offer advice re the system of car insurance and trace searches? How do people get to SB if they leave proof of their residency all over the place with insurance and other credit checks?

Thanks for your help

Sy

Edited by SStevens

Hi Sy , Totally understand how your feeling , been there bought the t-shirt ( cash)

If it was me i wouldnt rock the boat with finishing line so near after a long wait

I think we all tend to imagine the worst is going to happen , sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt , its a gamble

The question here is , is the end result worth the gamble ?

When my Defaults fell off , i was back in the land of the living and being offered friendship from the banks again at better rates

Ive read on here that Cra`s are in cahoots with certain organisations#

So if possible instead of the gamble and playing cat and mouse for the ten months , i would stay under the camoflage

My opinion

regards

rs

I dont think searches made by insurance companies can be seen, It is just for identification checking. I would try find that out and make your decision based on that. You can put the car in someone elses name and be a named driver on the policy, i dont think they will check. 10 months is a long time to wait if they do find you so i wouldnt risk it. If they do find you they will not take you to court as they would have to explain why it has taken them 5 years and 2 month for enforcement. Have you checked when they defaulted you? As you say its been passed on so many times and they may have defaulted you recently which would take 6 years from that point to fall off.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀