HELP: no response from managing agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

rented a lovely house from managing agents about 3 months ago. moved in 4 weeks after start of lease, and noticed awful sewer like smell immediately. not able to pinpoint the source of the smell, or do anything about it other than copious amounts of airfreshener, so called agents. no problems, they send plumber round. he has:confused: a look, and thinks it might be drainage from bathroom, which is enclosed as it passes thru sun room. he needs owners permission to do this, so back to letting agent.

7 weeks on, and numerous phone calls later, and i'm no further foward. i have written and asked very politely for them to do something, no response after 4 days.

what can i do? i'm wondering if i can inform them i'm getting quotes from plumbers and will be taking one of the quotes up to do the job. i think i have been very patient, but this smell is affecting my quality of life now.

any advise please?

meldrewa in reply to your post and in my opinion:

1.As you have had no response from the agent I would suggest that you contact the Private Tenants Officer within the council of your locality.

2.The Council has the legal powers to compel landlords and their agents to carry out their legal obligations towards tenants.The Officer would contact the agent on your behalf.

3.You must not ever stop paying your rent because if you fall in arrears you landlord/agent could evict you fairly easily but ONLY through a court order.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you have any more questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!