Statutory Demand - time nearly up

bert73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi forum, i recieved an SD notice dated from CapQ at the end of december, the debt was bought by them from barclaycard (about 7k) 6 months before. Notice of assignment was sent to my old address, as was the SD, and I have only just recieved it.

. I was unable to pay their myriad of collection agencies (DML, Russel aitken, HL legal, nelson guest, wescott etc for very long, each with their own barrage of threatening letters and calls. These particular letters were sent to my current address/last known to them address where i am still at now, so I've no idea why barclay/cq have used my old one for a SD and notice of assignment, unless they intend for me to miss their post and press ahead with their petition. The last payment to agents of barclaycard was 3 years ago.

Anyhows the 18 days from the date on the SD letter was today, and am a bit worried of what to do at court tomorrow for the affidevit, I tried to call barry davies but would not be put through to him of the error of the correspondence address, I made the operator know that I tried to call him and he logged the call.

Also since i stopped paying, all the letters mention sums owed within a range of 400 pounds (i.e. 6994.34, 6706.34 etc etc) even the sums with capq mentioned in the letters (on behalf of etc) vary slightly both up and down, i assume

Also should I cca capq straight away? I cant imagine that they would have bought the debt without the original cca (it would be about 10 years old by now) or am i wrong??

Any advice on what to do next, time really seems a bit tight, I am aware that 1st class post can take 3 days so by their method of delivery could have arrived at my old address around 3rd january, which may give me a few more days if the judge sees fit that I was served.

thanks bert.

Hi bert, welcome to the forum. I'll try and get some of the more experienced caggers to advise you asap.

Edited by FORMISTER

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Was the SD sent recorded delivery, or by some other verifiable method?

definitely post, A4 window envelope 1st class , pobox in bristol as return to sender address, and a sort of elongated barcode on envelope.

but no one in my old flat bothers to do RTS, which is sort of handy as i havent bothered with a redirect.

Anyhows the 18 days from the date on the SD letter was today, and am a bit worried of what to do at court tomorrow for the affidevit, I tried to call barry davies but would not be put through to him of the error of the correspondence address, I made the operator know that I tried to call him and he logged the call.

On the point quoted above that you stated - If i am correct, then the fact they failed/refused to put you through to the person named as person of contact on the SD makes the SD invalid. That and the fact it was not served in person or by recorded delivery, put's you in a good position for it to be set aside.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Am I correct in stating that they delivered it to an old address ? This would never stand up in court.......they have made no attempt at personal service, so if it was me I would ignore it. However, I think a SAR and a CCA request to the original creditor might be a wise move in case they attempt this again.

Am I correct in stating that they delivered it to an old address ? This would never stand up in court.......they have made no attempt at personal service, so if it was me I would ignore it. However, I think a SAR and a CCA request to the original creditor might be a wise move in case they attempt this again.

My thoughts exactly, 42man. Though the service is, it seems, deliberately wrong!

Hi Bert , how did you get on?

And thanks to the caggers who I PM'd last night to get Bert some help in a hurry. I don't like to give advice on something I haven't had a lot of experience with

Ahhh the dark old days. I used to ignore them all, including CCJ's, but alas , eventually the mail behind my TV pushed it off the sideboard

before you ignore the SD (which is what i would normally advise) i note that you asked the operator to log the call you made in an attempt to speak to the person mentioned in the SD

it would be very unwise- in these circumstances- for you to deny receiving the SD IMO

if you have acknowledged (even if inadvertently) that you were served with the SD then then any argument as to the method of service goes out the window

before you ignore the SD (which is what i would normally advise) i note that you asked the operator to log the call you made in an attempt to speak to the person mentioned in the SD

it would be very unwise- in these circumstances- for you to deny receiving the SD IMO

if you have acknowledged (even if inadvertently) that you were served with the SD then then any argument as to the method of service goes out the window

Hi thanks for the feedback, I read the heavyweight article on ignoring it vs the set aside, and reason that it would take a good few days of trawling through the paperwork to get at least 3 concrete reasons to convince a judge for a SA.

In any case I only picked up the SD a few days ago, so if it did go forward I would have at least have a witness to say I picked it up weeks after it was delivered.

Re: the call, I asked to speak to the person named on the SD but i did not say why and did not leave a message or reference number, but gave my name, aware that the call was being recorded I mentioned nothing of a SD, just asked to speak to him. If they use the call to prove i was served should I call another 2 times to bolster the setaside approach if i've already "let the cat out of the bag"?