Home serve 2

buzby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for closing the earlier thread - no doubt an admin error, and not an effort to prevent a debate.

Bankfodder, by all means believe what you think is right - but don't for a minute believe that it has any relevance should an aggrieved customer wish to advance their complaint through the courts.

To say that a firm is contractually obliged to 'keep an appointment' is laughable. Kindly show where this is stated in law, or indeed in Homeserve's T&C's? In the latter's case, it does not exist as this would be a service level guarantee. If you are unaware of them, you may find it useful to read up on them. In essence, for an additional fee a visit is arranged within a set timeframe - this is guaranteed, and if not met - penalties accrue.

As for the weather which brought the country to it's knees along with the road network are you seriously suggesting a court would find in the OPs favour over something they had no control? If so, I suggest you fund the OPs action if you feel so adamant that the court will uphold your PoV.

Where there is a better than 60% chance of success, by all means it is worth a punt in the Courts. As outlined by the OP, agreed they have not excelled themselves, but as they DID turn up as contracted their original failure is mitigated, and an chance of success seriously reduced.

• Sad 1

I'm afraid that what you are saying is completely wrong.

You can have another word if you like and then I'll close the thread

I'll tell you what - there is little point you saying is 'completely wrong' whilst not providing proof or indeed any supporting evidence to sustain your PoV. As an ex-customer of Homeserve I'm fully aware of the services they provide and their resolution process, having had a (non similar) complaint. However, your support of court action is misjudged, and a risky tactic that may leave the OP exposed - that is my concern, but strangely doesn't appear cross your mind, even as an afterthought.

Meanwhile after five years as a CAGger I recieve notice of 'an infraction', without prior warning or notice, that has some unspecified sanction that remains in place until 10th March 2011 - it also tells me it is worth '1 point'. An interesting adminastrative function - this, and the multiple and sustained removal of reputation, which now stands at 955 points where yesterday it stood at 14,655 - so, for the temerity of my posting something you dislike, I have to lose 13,700 rep points by way of a sustained attack on my reputation - one that that has increased by a minimum of 300 points every month since I have been a member? My posts forwearn what will happen - yours clearly does not, and the manner in what you did - to my mind - is neither fair nor reasonable.

But I'm realistic enough to realise it is your playpark and ball, and without balance you'll simply be a consumer glee club. Good luck with that, as it is one I want no part of.

Thank you .

Thread closed

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks