Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So right intend, I see others problems on a daily

basis I try to keep abreast of all the developments

it hurts me to fail on behalf of others but English Civil

Law progresses on a daily basis to so I keep learning

even though struggling sometimes to see reason for

some judgements.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on CC - recap - card agreement cancelled by LTSB, reclaimed about £1200 interest applied after they cancelled agreement, reached agreement - no interest charged and repaying £20 per month - regular DN with each statement stating amounts overdue Blah blah. I ignore and continue to pay.

Today - letter from SCM - threat letter - 14 days to repay, Court proceeding MAY be instigated. As failed to remedy client now cancelled card (really did that about 2 years ago!!) Also staes if can't pay full balanc, client might accept a reduced sum, together with realistic proposals for regular monthly payment - funny but I thought I had already agrred this.

Not sure how to respond. Advice welcome serious or otherwise - cos thanks to CAG I nolonger worry about these muppets.

Intend

Intend, you are actually in an agreed repayment plan with LTSB, yes ?

Whilst others might advise not to respond, I would be inclined to pen just the following.

"Reference your letter dated ???? .

Your letter is rather confusing. I would point out that LTSB agreed a repayment plan, which has been honoured by me each month. My circumstances remain unchanged and I will continue to honour the agreement made with LTS

I would also point out that the card was cancelled, again by your client, in 2009.

Yours faithfully,

etc, etc.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree CB the agreement in place is paramount,

a court would be reluctant to vary it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

:thumb:

Thanks Brig :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB My belief is support sence and correct ignorance

you do a great job:madgrin:

Thanks CB and Brig. As ever I post, I read and I get stronger. Good sentiment Brig. Letter about to be typed - might say circumstances have got worse could you please ask your client if I can reduce the monthly payments. Leaves them with something to pass to the next desk.

Intend

Thanks CB and Brig. As ever I post, I read and I get stronger. Good sentiment Brig. Letter about to be typed - might say circumstances have got worse could you please ask your client if I can reduce the monthly payments. Leaves them with something to pass to the next desk.

Intend

Absolutely, if your circumstances have altered for the worse, then there is no harm in saying so. In fact, it is probably better to do so now than cause more grief for yourself :)

BCOBS

Letter just gone off - longer than suggested - but putting ball firmly in their court. Have asked them to confirm card is cancelled, no interest charged, withdraw threat of legal action and that they inform client my circumstances have got worse and to contact me with a reduced payment plan.

Also have asked them to tell why they can send out a factually incorrect letter.

Will wait for response. Thanks to CAG have the confidence to push back.

Cheers Intend

• 1 month later...

Quick update as been off-line for 6 weeks due to moving and Talktalk not talking!!

Loan is still in dispute as no CCA, seen off Moorcrap, Apex now gone quite nothing since last post.

CC no reply - they did sent a I&E to fill in but just decided to carry on with the £20 per which is affordable for son-in-law.

Just about to start new thread as son-in-law had letter from out of the blue from CRapquest debt recovery.

Cheers

Intend

• 1 month later...

Letter just sent off to CSL stating account in serious ispute with Moorcrap/LTSB - same letter as I sent to Apex.

Will wait and see outcome.

As an aside - had a small result with my Virgin CC - cheque lost in post so charged £12 and loss 0% deal. Was just going to accept it. Then got promo "letter" from Virgin about taking over Northern Rock, from the CEO, stating how they would be honest, transparent etc, so wrote to her directly. Got a result - no refund of extra interest but did get £12 back plus interest free period reinstated.

Anybody want the address will pm

Always pays to go to the top.

Intend

Is this account still with the orginal lender and they are simply passing it round DCAs for collection/intimidation ?

If so, I would start copying the OC in on the letters you are sending to the DCAs.

BCOBS

This thread is a little confusing, intend. Can you please update with a summary.

Is this thread concerning LTSB loan and credit card or both ?

Did you reclaim PPI and on which product?

When was the last time you made payments to either account?

When were both accounts opened ?

If there is a dispute, then what is it concerning ?

BCOBS

CB

Did cover both CC and Loan - CC now sorted - had refund of interest, none being charged payment agreement in force and affordable. LTSB dealt with it well.

Loan - did have an agreement for reduced payments (done before coming to CAG) then out of blue Moorcrap came along (OCT 2010) (six months into agreement)demanding increased payments. Continued to pay LTSB direct for few months to annoyance of Moorcrap. With advice from CAG - sent CCA to them and put account in dispute in Jan 2011 when said client could not provide CCA and have not paid since. Since then seen off Moorcrap, had a couple of letters from Apex and now CSL.

Have always said would pay LTSB but they have refused to enter in dialogue. Hope this clears up. No PPI on either to best of knowledge. Advice always taken into consideration.

Intend

CB

Did cover both CC and Loan - CC now sorted - had refund of interest, none being charged payment agreement in force and affordable. LTSB dealt with it well.

Loan - did have an agreement for reduced payments (done before coming to CAG) then out of blue Moorcrap came along (OCT 2010) (six months into agreement)demanding increased payments. Continued to pay LTSB direct for few months to annoyance of Moorcrap. With advice from CAG - sent CCA to them and put account in dispute in Jan 2011 when said client could not provide CCA and have not paid since. Since then seen off Moorcrap, had a couple of letters from Apex and now CSL.

Have always said would pay LTSB but they have refused to enter in dialogue. Hope this clears up. No PPI on either to best of knowledge. Advice always taken into consideration.

Intend

Ok. Do we know if this has been assigned or are Moorcrap simply collecting on behalf of LTSB ?

Regardless of whether assigned or not. If there was an agreed repayment plan in place then I dont think Moorcrap can renege..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

Perhaps you should put the ball firmly back in LTSB's court.. a letter of complaint to the Chief Executive..

Simply tell it like it is, SiL hit a bad patch - threw himself on the mercy of LTSB - payment plan agreed - SiL honoured his side of the bargain.

You need to point out the poor treatment/harassment received from the various DCAs and remind LTSB that according to the OFT.. LTSB, as are any Original creditor, are responsible for the actions of any 3rd party agency they employ as collectors :)

They have 8 weeks to deal with an official complaint, whereas a letter not headed as such will be treated as a general enquiry and probably used to light their "bonus party barbeque"

HTH

BCOBS

Cheers CB

Will put brain in gear to write letter - last time I did this sort of thing emaileled Eric Daniels office and did get some joy about SiL OD. Always think the people at the top condone this sort of action but do not like it when the complaint is directed to them. Often find, as you suggest, a letter just like it is is often the best way.

Intend

Cheers Brig - always heed your advice.

Just as I typed CC was OK - asked SiL to check his online CC balance as statement due - tells me it has diappeared from his accounts - has pennies in current a/c (LTSB will not close it as has loan) - when this happened to his Loan account , the DCAs started calling. Will wait and see what happens - card was closed by them some time ago.

Intend

Ford

Cheers yes them in Bucks - glad of your input.

Intend

it seems that they usually bog off where there is a dispute. but, they also seem to have a tendency to leave things 'hanging' without advising/notifying orig creditor accordingly.?

Edited by Ford

Cheers Ford, will bear in mind - not worried if they do leave things hanging around. Currently not paying as was put in dispute when LTSB passed to Moorcrap. CSL now the third DCA. Guess I have joned those longstanding Caggers on the DCA meerygoround.

Intend