Harvey's Furniture

rmhaycl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have ordered a sofa from Harvey's and they keep delaying delivering. They claim they have not received it from supplier, but refused to name the supplier or contact them to see where we are at. I have been sitting on the floor for the past 3 months in my new house. Their purchase contract say they are not responsible for delivery dates. Is there anything I can do? Advice appreciated.

The law specifies that where a specific date hasnt been agreed, goods must be delivered within a reasonable amount of time.

This is an implied contract term.

If you want to, write to them and tell them that there breach of contract has resulted in you buying another sofa, and that you claim the money for the new sofa, back of them.

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

Thanks Tom. I have just drafted a letter to make time of the essence, and state that if the sofa is not delivered in next 10 days, I would ask for compensation for (i) equivalent of renting a sofa for everyday since initial estimated delivery date, (ii) my time for making calls and writing complaint letters, (iii) any loss of quality of life for not having basic furniture. I also mentioned I would (i) post my experience in as many websites as poss, (ii) write to consumer magazines, (iii) email all staff forums at work.

Any other thoughts? Will keep you and others posted on whether this works.