Great Universal Charging Goods Extended Terms Instead Of BNPL

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets hope they show some loyalty to a good customer

That`s what Trading Standards said what a way to treat me for exercising my rights they probably assume that I do not intend to keep my payments up now they cannot produce a credit agreement but further could this be from the truth I won`t damage my good credit record

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a call from Great Universal today they said their legal department have looked at the situation and said they cannot alter their decision they say I ordered 2 of the bulk order items on extended terms and not BNPL like the rest of the order they remarked that I rang the order in yet I printed off the order clearly showing 2 items were ordered over the net and it shows they were BNPL, the catalogue also said that they don`t need to provide credit agreements for goods ordered on over 52 weeks extended terms.

All this is bizarre as I sent for a credit agreement to prove I had not signed for (exiended) credit so why then did they attempt to send me a credit agreement if they don`t have to provide one for goods over 52 weeks the agreement they sent was a blank canvas it didn`t have a date, name, address it could have been anyones it had no terms or anything on it.

The FOS are dealing with this but inform me they have a long back log

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise on post 33 I do not believe a credit agreement is not needed for items over 52 week surely an agreement is needed for any credit agreed to which I did not and if an agreement was not needed how come I was asked to apply for a copy!!!! which came back blank with no name account, address or anything on it

• 2 months later...

FOS have wrote back after many months stating catalogue have agreed that one of the items of the two was placed in error on interest and they are refunding the interest and giving me £100 in recognition of the distress and inconvenience caused. But they stand by their guns concerning the second item they added interest to which they say I did ask to have on interest added yet I was never given a credit agreement to sign.

I am stunned by the FOS letter it states " Please let me know if you will accept this offer if not can you tell me why as then you will have the right to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint as the final stage in our process" I was under the impression that the Ombudsman had looked at the complaint already so god knows what this is? they are over looking the matter that I have never had any goods in all the years I have run the catalogue with interest added, this was a bulk order of electrical goods why would I simply ask for interest on one item but not the others which I paid off the other items before interest became due.

Trading standards have reported the catalogue to the Catalogues local Trading Standards they agree with me that I would have had to have signed a credit agreement of which I did not and when I queried this they said they didn`t have to give credit agreements out on items over 52 weeks!!! yet in a previous letter told me to send £2 to get my agreement!!! an agreement came back no name, address, account number etc cannot believe the FOS want me to consider accepting this partial offer I want interest on both items quashing as I never agreed it it!!!:mad2: