Cap One vs Me.....Bit of advice if I may

durtydurty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I CCA'd Capitol one via recorded delivery over a month ago and heard nothing back even though according to my proof of delivery it says its been delivered.

Got a default letter today, have phoned Cap one to ask them were my CCA is and all you get is the bloke in Mumbai asking if I would very much like to make a payment.

Are they allowed to send me a default notice, as I thought the CCA request rendered the argeement in dispute if they couldnt produce it?

Or do I need to send a in dispute letter?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi

They can send a default notice

It is (IMO) better to send the A/C in dispute letter as it shows Cap1 that you know your rights

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks Silver fox, spoke to a chap and he told me until I send over a CCA with my correct signature on then they wont be providing me with any paperwork. I then explained that I didn't want it used to forge my paperwork and he went on to lecture me about ' we're a bank you can trust us'!! How naive I thought.

I was told not to sign it properly in case they copy it onto my documents etc.

Is there any way round this or do they have to have my exact signature to provide said documents?

Oh dear! Bank-Trust-complete oxymoron

A lot of 'banks' are doing this now. You could sign it but put some crosses through it or make it different to your usual signature but identifiable or even just use this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19364&d=1277325754

Copy and paste to your word proceesing software

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...

Got the letter today basically saying my signature is wrong and I need to send a copy of my passport or driving license bearing my signature otherwise they wouldn't send anything at all.

Can I just send my signature with the anti tamper bit on it or do REALLY have to send a copy of passport or driving license?

• 2 weeks later...

Right, Cap one are they only company out of the four that i owe money too that aren't playing the game.

They refuse to send the CCA and have sent a default notice and I had to pay £200 quid to get them to withdraw it. Basically they wont let me set up a payment plan unless I send them all sorts of stuff, bank statement and wage slips from the last few months etc.

Im not prepared to do this and legally I don't have to if I remember rightly, everyone you speak to at Cap1 is in some far flung country talking off a script and basically Im at the end of my tether with them. I cant afford to keep giving them 200 quid to call off the dogs!

Does anyone have a contact number for a call centre in this country or any advice as to what to do next?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to keep spamming my own thread, but once again I included a letter with my signature and the anti tamper strip etc and got the same letter back, please send us a copy of your passport or drivers licence, this lot don't give up.

Anyone else find Cap1 hard work? and what did you do?

Hi,

You could write back and say that you have never had a passport or driving licence and just include a copy of a utility bill