Wescot...yet again

Markwell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The chimps at Wescot have been chasing my partner for a credit card bill now totalling a quid under £3.5k. The only trouble is - he's never had a credit card with the lender in question! Nor a credit card with a number even faintly resembling the one they're chasing for. We kept getting the usual Wescot idiotic threatening letters, addressed to someone with the same surname but wrong initial. Foolishly (as we now realise) my partner contacted Wescot telling them they had the wrong person, he's never had a credit card with the lender etc. etc. but of course as soon as Wescot knew the correct name, that was it, ammunition :-x To cut a long story short, last week Wescot issued county court proceedings through the county court bulk service. My partner immediately filed a defence - not exactly difficult considering the circumstances - and now we're waiting to see whether the idiots at Wescot will actually continue with this totally pointless claim or just not bother responding within the 28 days. Somewhat belatedly, he's written to Wescot with his £1 asking for true copies of the agreement and assignment within the statutory 12 days.

My question is - has anyone else been chased by Wescot for a debt which is absolutely nothing to do with them (I'm guessing that probably lots of people have!) and has it got to court? If so, what happened? I can't believe they would turn up to court without any paperwork to back them up - and of course they won't have any in this case - but am I being a naive fool? This is Wescot after all!

Edited by Markwell

have just googled wescot as i got a postcard of them this morning, there was no name just addressed to the occupier, found this actually funny because the house they are saying the money is owed to them for was demolished 8 years ago, im not a freakin idiot and you should never call or negosiate with these people my lawyers had a field day with these so called idiots and they are being monitered as far as im aware by watchdog