HFO services, Barclaycard and debt relief order help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They would have to issue a claim first. You’d know about it. It’s an official court document.

They would be foolish to start a claim if they’re not sure it’s you. More bluster designed to scare.

But yes, you should really deal with this.

Can you describe the content of this letter in more detail or even better get it scanned with personal details covered up?

I think that it is probably just another threat, if they want to get a CCJ against you - you would receive a Claim form from the courts but this would cost HFO so why do it if they realise they have very little chance of getting anything from you? Hence they are using intimidation.

I really think that you should consider sending them a CCA request or even a CPR request which I can find for you, as they are threatening legal action and this will not cost you anything

• Haha 1

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Sorry i dont have a scanner but the general gist of the letter is

"because you have failed to contact us or agree to a reasonable payment plan we assume our only option is to persue the matter through the courts. The schedule of litigation activity is as follows....

Activity

letter before action from our external solicitors - time line 7 days

issue of claim form by the nothampton county court ( although i do not live near northampton??!!) - time line 14 days from the date of the "letter before action"

application for judgement order from the court - time line 14 days from date of service claim form

application of enforcement of the county court judgement - timeline approx 14 days from issue of judgement

you may raise a defence etc etc bla bla bla

I don't think that that is correct, I am a legal idiot but even I know that the timeline is wrong. Presume it is from HFO, well, their solicitors are Turnbull Rutherford who are the same company, hardly external. It is just a really nasty threat.

You really need to report this to OFT, Consumer Direct, the Solicitor's Regulatory Authority and the Ministry of Justice. Are you able to take copies of the letters and fire them off with some letters?

I would still recommend a response to them asking for some documentary proof that you owe this and it shows them that you will not be intimidated by their threats.

donate

They will in all likelihood eventually issue a claim form, but chances are it will be a split claim and easy to see off. Let us know if you get the seven day letter (which they’ll probably claim they sent AFTER they’ve issued the claim). You are dealing with slime, so be aware.

Dont worry about the Court, they use Northampton Bulk Centre and no doubt you will receive a Court Document. They go through the motions and as DonkeyB and Coledog say, its easier to defend a split claim. They have backed down on a large number of cases that have come across this site including mine.

When defended and unable to produce documentation, they just forget about it as its too expensive to chase.

I would certainly start thinking about sending the obligatory letters to ensure you have all that is needed.

You don't have to live in Northhampton to get a claim form from them, Northampton is the bulk issue centre for small claims (under £5,000), I believe? If this ever got to a hearing, which I doubt, it would be transfered to a local court.

It is really up to you LBP, don't worry and certainly let us know if you receive anything else.

donate