Please help, need advice for my mother

llieno
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was just wondering if you kind people could give me some advice, I am trying to help my mother sort out her finances as she has got herself into a really bad spot and as you guys helped with Lowell a few years ago which worked out well for me.

Right first thing to sort out is she is paying a company called Eurodebt 70 odd pound a month to pay some of her old debts. I'm not sure how old these debts are and who exactly eurodebt are actually paying. Can i tell them to sod off as they seem to be paying a debt from 2007 of £1400 at £5 P/M from what i can also work out is C/C from barclaycard which defaulted on Aug 08 which according to her credit file is still outstanding and has not been paid in 3 years she is under the impression that she has been paying eurodebt 35-40 a month for the past 3 years to pay this off but on her credit file she only owes £554 ???? She also thinks that she is paying off an some old bank charges from TSB going way over six years but its not on her credit report so who is she paying and why isn’t it on her credit report.

I only found out this afternoon all of this so when i meet her the weekend i will get all her paperwork and find out the deal. Also she has just told me that eurodebt are holding £500 bond or something like that is that normal.

Please help as I’m worried for her, Thank you in advance for any help given.

If you have specific account numbers etc. we could go for the CCA requests - if not and things are a bit vague go for the SAR - which is as follows.

Amend for your circumstances and send the following to them with a £10 postal order. Write on the back of the postal order that it is for "SAR Request Only" and photo copy it if you can for proof.

Send it recorded delivery.

[your address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNTNUMBER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you. The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 yearslink3.gif of historical information.

The data I require must include but is not limited to:

Original Credit Agreements

Full Statement of Accounts for the entire period

Copy of any Default Notices issued

Date of Defaults

Copy of any Termination Notices issued

Dates of Termination

Copy of any Notice of Assignments

Exact date of assignments

Details of to whom the accounts were sold

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[name] DO NOT SIGN

Thanks dadofholly, She says that she gets a statement evey month off them so i will investigate further. but has anybody had dealing of eurobebt????? something all seems very odd my mother is nearly 60 now and she under the impression that this tsb one is nearly 8-10 years old i with a balance of a couple of thousand pounds. I will know more tomorrow.

Thanks

Edit : i had started typing before your second post.

stop paying then now and demand all you money back else you'll see them in court.

fire off an sar to them too..

then...

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN SOME MORE!!!

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

http://www.howtocomplain.com/

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/consumer...ct/index.shtml

http://www.writetothem.com/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A quick update i have found a recent statement of account from eurodebt and i am horrified, seems that my mother has been dealing with them since around 2002 and paying between £60-70 a month.

This what her last statement says,

Creditor: B/Card Collector : Credit Security Ltd

Balance £530.78 (this went default on her credit file 2004)

Creditor: Black Horse Collector: Direct Legal & Collections

Balance £602.43 (she has no idea how long it goes back)

Creditor: Lloyds TSB Collector: BLS Collections

Balance £6375.03 (Bank account that closed in 2001 all bank charges)

Creditor: Welcome Finance Collector: Welcome Finance

Balance: £1537.48 (Loan taken out before 2004)

Creditor: London Scottish Collector: Rockwell Debt Recovery

Balance : £203.67 (Loan not sure from when)

Creditor: London Scottish Collector: Rockwell Debt Recovery

Balance : £107.00 (Again loan from not sure what date)

I'm going get a SAR off to them next week but i can not believe what she has been doing over the past 7-8 years. She currently pays £75.00 a month which £36.09 goes to creditors and £35.88 they take in management fees. I'm disgusted in this, she is worried that if she cancels the agreement that they will take her house or debt people will come after her I’ve told her not to worry we are in the right place now.

Any ideas on what to do next????

Thanks once again

tbh i'd cancel whatever agreement she has with them

this is very very poor business fleecing.

a rough calc = +£6k she has paid them

i think i would be safe in saying that any account that does not show on her cra file has been going into their pockets too.

you need to fire off that SAR [forget the 6yrs ref]

and i'd also be inclined to CCA everyone of the A/C the fleecers have supposedly been managing.

you'll get a statement of account from that too.

this is digusting.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...