style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rite i think i mite be in a bit of trouble because i moved out from my parents address 2 years ago and ive had to pay a parking fine and a speeding fine which i gave my previous address because i hadnt got round to updating it, ive just got round to changing my address to find out that i need to fill in a medical questionnaire because i developed a mental heath problem 4 years ago which ive only just found out that its against the law not to tell them, so what to do think will happen to me? im expecting to lose my licence but its the fines im worried about. i no i should of informed them when i had the fines but i was considering moving back to my parents due to financial problems which have been sorted now. has any1 got a idea what they will do?

you could goto a local mental health outpatient clinic and ask to speak to a c.p.n. (community phsyciatric nurse) or someone similar. explain your concern and see what help or advice they may be able to provide. they may even be able to assist you in your matter if necessary.

all the best.

I think you need to contact the relevant people about the speeding and parking fine (which I am guessing is a council-issued PCN), and find out what the state of play is with each. You can decide what to do from there. I don't know much about speeding fines, but a PCN will normally be passed to bailiffs with more charges added on and you will have to pay or contest it. On the other hand, it may have been issued by a private company, and if it is, then you can probably ignore it.

If you can post up some more info here, then please do. It will make your position clearer.

you could goto a local mental health outpatient clinic and ask to speak to a c.p.n. (community phsyciatric nurse) or someone similar. explain your concern and see what help or advice they may be able to provide. they may even be able to assist you in your matter if necessary.

all the best.

yeah i think i mite do that, because none of my doctors mentioned that i had inform them of my condition.

I think you need to contact the relevant people about the speeding and parking fine (which I am guessing is a council-issued PCN), and find out what the state of play is with each. You can decide what to do from there. I don't know much about speeding fines, but a PCN will normally be passed to bailiffs with more charges added on and you will have to pay or contest it. On the other hand, it may have been issued by a private company, and if it is, then you can probably ignore it.

If you can post up some more info here, then please do. It will make your position clearer.

Yeah it was a pcn issued fine and i payed it but im worried if the dvla check up on my speeding fine and find out that i didnt tell them i change my address and just give them my parents address as my current address. because i stated on the form that ive been living at my present address for 2 yrs.

Why didn't your parents tell you about the letters?

my parents told me about the letter, but i worried because i payed the fines and gave my parents address as my current address because i havnt got round to updating it.

my parents told me about the letter, but i worried because i payed the fines and gave my parents address as my current address because i havnt got round to updating it.

Sorry I think I got the wrong idea, so you actually paid the fines and are worried about the licence not the fines?? You can use any address on your licence or registration v5 as long as you can be contacted at the address.

Sorry I think I got the wrong idea, so you actually paid the fines and are worried about the licence not the fines?? You can use any address on your licence or registration v5 as long as you can be contacted at the address.

Yeah i paid the fines, thought i mite be in trouble paying the fine and not telling them i had moved.

Yeah i paid the fines, thought i mite be in trouble paying the fine and not telling them i had moved.

No, you are ok as long as you don't give a false address to avoid prosecution and can be contacted you can give any address you like. The fact that you paid the fines makes it even more acceptable as they obviously can contact you! :-)

No, you are ok as long as you don't give a false address to avoid prosecution and can be contacted you can give any address you like. The fact that you paid the fines makes it even more acceptable as they obviously can contact you! :-)

cheers for clearing that up for me mate, what do you think they mite do regarding not informing them about my medical condition.

Information is available here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/MedicalRulesForDrivers/index.htm, If you have now told them and have not been involved in an accident or stopped by the Police for driving without due care due to your illness, I very much doubt anything will happen retrospectively. If you did get prosecuted the fact that you have mental health issues would I imagine be adequate mitigation for forgetting anyway and you would probably just get your licence revoked. If you had failed to inform them and had an accident or such like the consequences would be far worse.

cheers, i was involved in an accident but it wasn't my fault and ive got 6 years no claims and havent had any dealing with the police apart from the speed camera fine which i got stung because it was a new camera, so i mite be ok regarding a fine, if i did no about informing them like you say i would of forgotten anyway so i will have to wait an see what happens about my license. thanks for your help mate much appreciated