Gesture of goodwill payment

ayzi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Taking Shabbey for £1,225 and today they put £570 into my account as a gesture of goodwill. It's in my account with no explanation via letter or email, i had to phone them to see what it was for. If i touch any of this money does it mean that i can no longer proceed to claim the remaining ammount back in court?

I'm confused?

send them a letter accepting the money but you will be continueing for the rest.

lisaxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

errrrrr not too sure but they put the money there without any explanation, not your problem that they put it in there but yes i would write to them with the date as todays date saying that you accept the funds as a partial payment. you do need to wait 24hours before you can spend it as im sure they will say all payments are subject to 24 hours clearing time and they can be recalled till 24 hours are up.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

It is "new" common practise for shabbey, IMHO they are playing at a new tactic, i would ask them for a breakdown of the GOGW and take it off the most recent of your charges before you claim, I am not sure about this at all, I would say that if it comes to court and you havnt declared it for one reason or another and DLA ask about it, you may have scuppered yourself, I dont know legally where you would stand on this point and I dont even know if you should acknoeledge it in your claim, but when you get your acknowledgement through it does state quite clearly that "You must inform the court immediately if you receive any payment before a hearing date or after you have send a request for enforcement tot he court"

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

i personally think all these goodwill payments of hundreds of pounds is brilliant.lets face it, they're shooting themselves in the foot.if anyone was struggling to pay the court fees -and reading this site some are-then the refunds are providing you with the means to keep the claim going.bl**dy brilliant.keep it up you morons(banks) and we'll keep up the claims.,

hi ayzi, good news for you! Just wondering how far down the reclaiming stage are you with the Abbey? Be nice if they did that for the rest of us, it seems they work so unpredictively........

abbey - claiming last 3years at 3451.99

sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter 20/07/2006

40 days up on 30/08/2006

recieved reply from abbey 26/07/2006 standard reply!!!!:(

still waiting for other 3 years worth of statements 25/08/2006:shock:

30/08/2006- 40 days up!

lba letter sent(for non compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) 31/08/2006 14 days to reply.

request repayment of charges letter sent 31/08/2006 14 days to reply.

08/09/2006 -recieved standard reply reg lba.

09/09/2006-recieved letter from abbey asking me to phone them to discuss my account.

account now in dispute pending outcome!!

16/09/2006 sent lba 14 days to reply.

22/09/2006 GOGW paid in acccount-800

22/09/2006-reply from complaints regarding gogw.

hi ayzi, good news for you! Just wondering how far down the reclaiming stage are you with the Abbey? Be nice if they did that for the rest of us, it seems they work so unpredictively........

They buggered me around with my Data Protection Act request but i discovered that if you ask for statements via the only banking service you get them within a month for free (watch them close that loop-hole now)

Sent off my first letter claiming all charges and they replied with a standard 4 week to investigate blah-blah, replied with the second letter of action (final) stateing that as it was not a complaint i would not give them four weeks to investigate but gave them a further 14 days before i instigated court proceedings. They buckled after 10 days and paid £570 into my account :)

I shall send them a letter tomorrow thanking them for the part payment and will give them another 14 days before i claim the outstanding balance in court.

It is "new" common practise for shabbey, IMHO they are playing at a new tactic, i would ask them for a breakdown of the GOGW and take it off the most recent of your charges before you claim,

The charges they have refunded date from January this year. Needless to say when i do submit my claim i shall deduct those charges plus interest. What's a GOGW?

Hi All

Just a quick update relating to GOGW

I received £615 over the bank hooliday weekend

Received a letter 7 days later from Abbey explaining it was a gesture of goodwill.

At the point of the refund Abbey had just ackowledged the claim and had 14 days to file a defence.

I e mailed MCOL and advised I had received monies deemed tyo be a getsure of goodwill.

I received a fairly prompt reply thanking me and stating they would place a note that I had reported a receipt of some money and to advise of any further monies especially WHEN |( yes when ) I received the full amount of my claim.

I rang and asked if I should amend my claim and was advised not

Hope this helps y'all

Elle

FWIW

I dont see that money sent as a GOGW should alter the claim.

If they send it as a partial offer i think the situaiotn may be different, not sure.

A GOGW could be construed as a gift for causing you so much grief as far as Im concerned.

Incidentally i got one from MBNA, i have just written and confrimed im proceeding with my claim.

I should add that if you have made a claim and entered it at court then i would inform the court and let them decide.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I agree Glenn, but I think that people should still inform the court and have it noted otherwise it could be used by DLA as a stick to beat you with, better to be safe than sorry :-D Just MHO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I should add that if you have made a claim and entered it at court then i would inform the court and let them decide.

Lula

I thought id missed it out, i agree entirely.

Inform the court.

Glenn

PS you been at the kids gin again?

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I read this thread with interest as I went to my branch today to request a mini-statement and lo and behold they have credited it with £365 today for charges they have made. Just like Ayzi there has been no letter to let me know they were doing this. I shall phone tomorrow to find out what they have to say.

The LBA was sent and the 14 days were up Monday so I was in the process of calculating the 8% interest to go to court. Think I'll withdraw the money tomorrow and use it set up my parachute account. Thanks Abbey.

Abbey

6/10/06 - £1260 received in bank charges :-D

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 1

1/2008 closed file:)

1st Credit

4/2007 alleged debt

7/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT

1/2008 Mackenzie Hall threatening legal action

2/2008 closed file:)

Lowell

7/2007 alleged debt 2

7/2007 CCA'd

11/2007 complaint sent to TS & OFT :?

Lowell's continue to harass :(

Lowell

6/2008 alleged debt 3

6/2008 CCA'd

Hi all,

needs some advice ref GOGW. Entered my branch today for an update, regarding my claim for £1766.00, I was advised my letter at branch level had been reviewed and a reply was in the post suggesting I further my complaint with the the FAS. If I was dissatisfied with this response I could log a complaint to the complaits department, which I did by telephone, and was offered a GOGW payment for £830.00, what is the best course of action? Do I accept this and further my claim for the differnce?

Thanks in advance

Regards

emsheki:razz:

--------------------------------------------------

Abbey 1 - LBA Sent 12/09/06 (GOGW-£830 offered & Refunded); Court Action Proceeding

Abbey 2 - LBA Sent 08/09/06, awaiting

NatWest LBA Sent 08/09/06, awaiting

Capital One - DPL Pending

Natwest C/C - DPL Pending

Abbey C/C - DPL Pending

Cahoot C/C - DPL Pending

Think we all need to be careful here and not confuse gestures of goodwill with offers made in full and final settlement

I would not accept or acknowledge anything that Abbey say or do without having it confirmed in writing ( I;m not being libellous ) I just believe that there appears to be no formal policy within the Abbey organisation and to accept a gesture of goodwill without both explanations and written confirmation that that is what is it could potentially predjudice your claim if you were not in a position to back it up with written evidence.

I also think the stage at which your claim is at the point when the gesture of goodwill is made is important. I would be interested to know what letters relating to GOGW have been sent by the Abbey = are they standard as most of the Abbey letters are or are they personal to the individual case.

I've chosen one course of action - that is not to say it is the right one - this is uncharted waters at the moment.

Anyone else had GOGW refunds after the claim was issued????

Elle

Thanks for the advice, the advisor did say it would be sent in writing. I think as you say it might be best to respond, once I have their offer? I will wait until I have all the correspondance from them.

Regards

emsheki:razz:

--------------------------------------------------

Abbey 1 - LBA Sent 12/09/06 (GOGW-£830 offered & Refunded); Court Action Proceeding

Abbey 2 - LBA Sent 08/09/06, awaiting

NatWest LBA Sent 08/09/06, awaiting

Capital One - DPL Pending

Natwest C/C - DPL Pending

Abbey C/C - DPL Pending

Cahoot C/C - DPL Pending