Charity Financial Accounts (Irregularities)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one advise me on a problem I am confronted with as chair of a PTA which is a registered,

charity,I don't want to have to involve the police unless really needed.

An officer of the committee failed to bank donations and funds raised at a summer fair, causing

cheques to bounce and incurring bank charges, this is a small village school with just over 100 kids

so any loss is greatly felt.d

We have employed the services of an independent accountant to sort out the rats nest the books are in.

If any one knows what we can charge back to the officer concerned or any other advice I would be most grateful.

Charity rules are not part of my experience previously.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You may not want to involve the local police but you are a trustee with obligations. If the charity's gross income in a year exceeds £25,000 then you are obliged to file audited accounts and a trustee's report in any regard.

Depending on the amounts involved, you may want to discuss your predicament with the Charity Commission. If the amounts involved are relatively small and you don't have to have audited accounts, it may be the individual can make good any loss to the charity and the whole episode could be regarded as adminstrative mess.

If the loss cannot be made good, or you have to have audited accounts, you should call the Charity Commission. That may mean they will call in the police but there is little you can do about that. If you don't report, then the mess will come out in the audit and you could end up in a worse mess.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Thanks for that Docman we don't know yet if money has gone missing,waiting for the accountant to complete an audit.

The matter of concern is that the officer concerned had retained over £2000 at he home for nearly 3 months and has given false reports the committee as to the balance on the current account, no book keeping done since mid July 2010.

Also exaggerated or smaller amount shown on income and expenditure sheets for events.

Our secretary is contacting the Commission.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: