Fenton Cooper Help Needed

cliffc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a debit that i have been paying at £10 per month to one of there subsidurys now for a few years my financial situation has not chainged infact my pay as come down due to accpting a pay cut to save jobs.

I got a letter off them a few weeks ago so i called them to let them know i was paying this debit allready.

Any way the person i got on the phone started saying that that wanted more even asked me if i could get a loan of cash from some one to pay the loan off ( I thought this was illigal under OFT guidelines) any way thay sent me a income sheet that i filled in showing i had £83 per month left after paying all my other stuff so thay then sent another sheet asking for more infomation on how i get to my figures but right at the end thay ask for my full bank infomation (thay must think i came off the last banana boat if thay think i am going to give them that).

Effectivly it seems thay are going to attempt to try and bully me into increasing my payment even though i cannot afford to.

Can any one here offer advice on what i can do to get them off my back and continue to pay as i am now, obvioulsy i dont want them to start taking out CCJ's allthough as i have been paying them i would think thay may have a problem getting a judgement to sitck.

REgards

Cliff c

This has worked in the past - They are not entitled to any of your financial information even the one you have already sent. I would advise not to send any further info:

This is what I always send:

Dear 'good friend'

I acknowledge receipt of your letter of *************** with enclosed form.

I have been advised that this 'personal' information is just that - personal. However, following your request, I obtained a Court orientated Income and Expenditure Form which I understand only a Court and/or Judge can legally have access to, and filled in the details required therein.

Following the revelations about my financial status that completing this form brought to light, I would like to thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

From this information it is obvious that I have no disposable income at this present time. It has been suggested that following discovery of this situation that a County Court Judge, would, in all probability Order that I can afford no more that £1 per month to each and all debtors, which of course includes yourselves.

If you would now kindly send me details in order that I can set up a Standing Order in this amount, I would be grateful.

Have you requested your copy of your CCA yet to prove that they are entitled to collect this debt? If not, I would do that first.

What type of debt is it?

Hi

The debit is a genunie debit if i remember correctly its a credit card debit i have not got the paper work here with me at work, and I have been paying the sum of £10 per month to Rockwell which I beleve is one of there subsidury outfits since oct 2007, but now it seems thay are trying to get me to increase the amount i pay as thay seem to think £10 pm is not enough however its as much as i can afford.

After posting last night i went and looked at the guidelines on Debit Collection on the OFT website and it would seem that thay have allready broken one of these guidelines as when i spoke to there agent on the phone he was encorageing me to get a loan or take out more debit to pay them off and this is a no no.

Regards

Cliff c

Hi

The debit is a genunie debit if i remember correctly its a credit card debit i have not got the paper work here with me at work, and I have been paying the sum of £10 per month to Rockwell which I beleve is one of there subsidury outfits since oct 2007, but now it seems thay are trying to get me to increase the amount i pay as thay seem to think £10 pm is not enough however its as much as i can afford.

After posting last night i went and looked at the guidelines on Debit Collection on the OFT website and it would seem that thay have allready broken one of these guidelines as when i spoke to there agent on the phone he was encorageing me to get a loan or take out more debit to pay them off and this is a no no.

Regards

Cliff c

hi, the debt may indeed be genuine, but have they got the correct paperwork! you should send them a cca request.

in the meantime just continue to pay them what you can afford, dont phone these muppets, if you must contact them

send a letter.

Don't speak to these people on the telephone, all they will do is try to bully you. They have targets to meet and don't care how they do it.

Have they stopped putting charges onto the account? If not, it may be an idea sending them a request for a copy of your CCA.

I doubt very much if they will take you to court as you are paying them.

As for them breaking one of the rules, that's not unusual.