16+ oyster expired... penalty! HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

okay so my 16+ oyster just expired and i still havent received my new one. So i got on one of the bendy buses and didnt pay, because i am eligible for free travel on buses anyway, and what do you know, an inspector came on! Even after explaining to him that i havent received my new one, and i wouldnt have had to pay, he gave me a fine.

I've just moved house, so i gave him my old address because i found it unfair to get a £25/50 fine for a journey i wouldnt usually have to pay for. Can they trace me? I gave them my real name, but wrong address. HELP please.

well im 17, and i live with my parents i assume im not registered at that address :/

i dont know what to do because im not one of those people who jump the buses, its just that my 16+ ran out and i havent yet got my new one. And i find it unfair that i should have to pay a fine when i am eligible for free travel anyway.

You will have filled out an application form for your old ZIP showing proof of age ID & paid £10.

That info will be used to find you if their letters are returned from your old address.

There is no right to free travel, it is a concession.

• 4 weeks later...