Crowdon Borough Council PCN, Machine not working, Incorrect Lines & Other Cars with No Ticket & No PCN!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So Friday Night

Parked in Croydon to go and see some friends parked in a bay sign next to the car said use Machine opposite.

1.Machine is not accepting any coins I tried about 15-20 and even asked a passer by to change some coinage just incase No coins accepted.

2. Other Cars are parked with no Tickets on Display. (photo evidence to prove)

3. PCN is attached to my car not my windscreen (I have photo evidence to prove) Thank GOD I approached my car from the front if i hadn't then i would have probably driven off with it attached to the front of the vehicle.

4. The bay is marked out as per 1032 regulations (double line start and finish) however the other end of the bay is finished with a single line (the old double line is just visible ie there is a lump of black bitumen covering it) yet again photos to prove.

5 The PCN observation time is 21:35-21:35 is that even 1 minute? I believe this has to be a minimum of 5 or 3 for a 06 offence?

6. PCN states my colour as Other my car is Blue and very obviously blue at that

Had this just been a case of I am a nob and I forgot to go to the meter id fork out the £40 HOWEVER im Angry and going to appeal as I do not think this is fair any advice on how to word my reply or if you think I should appeal full stop?

I have photographic evidence of everything and i can upload my PCN if necessary

Edited by Jimbo-Jones
grammar and spelling

I would forget about the photographic evidence. The situation is not complicated, and you should appeal.

State that you were unable to use the pay machine as it was faulty and request that they check their maintenance records to verify this.

Your only problem will be if there were other machines nearby which you could have used instead, in which case, you are clutching at straws. The observation time is anomalous - you could use that as the basis of the appeal if this is the case. The rest of your points do not merit appeals in my view.