They've offered half my money back!

Wissa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I'm now in what I hope are the final stages of claiming my £3900 back. I have returned from holiday to a letter from Cobbetts offering £2100 as full and final settlement. Obviously I'm not interested in having half of what they owe me....I want it all! Do I have to respond to their letter? The offer is valid for 7 days and this had already passed before I even saw it. Do I just sit tight and wait for the full amount? If anyone knows I would be most grateful. Many thanks.

They originally defended the claim from moneyclaim because I cocked it up. I have now re-submitted a 4 page claim that covers every angle and filled in an allocation questionaire for the courts. We have a court date of 21st Sept so I'm expecting them to fold before then.

I was away on holiday and missed the 7 day deadline to accept the offer of half my money back. I know not to take it anyway but what should I do now? It's too late to accept or decline it so should I just sit and wait? The court date is 21st Sept and I'm confident I won't be the first case to make it to court, especially as the OFT are now investigating the way banks operate their 'fees'.

I would write back to Cobbetts and accept it and go for the rest, I would explain that you would have answered soon but have been away therefore did not meet the 7 day deadline. That way if you did go to court the Judge would not think that you were ignoring their offer and you are still making an effort to resolve the claim before it goes to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Well, I feel like I'm waiting for my cheque to arrive any day now but so far nothing has turned up. I've had an offer for half of my money which I've refused and I have a letter from Exeter court saying the case has been stayed until 21st Sept (Tomorrow). I've just rung the court to find out what that means and they say the case is on hold indefinately and nothing will happen until either party starts the ball rolling again. Therefore, if I keep waiting nothing will happen!? Does anyone know how to apply pressure to get my money? Any help greatly appreciated.