• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ge money ppi reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new here :)

iv been trying to pursue GE since 2008 first by myself then with a solicitor

the solicitor dint give my case time and attention so i took them off the case and decided to try and go it alone,

i took a loan out in 2006 for £7,500,they put a ppi on it for £2065.50 then added it together as a whole sum

£9565.50plus application and completion costs total cost of credit £6863.70

anyway had 2 firms of ppi firms calling me today one was firm i fobbed off for taking too long and the solicitor said that the two items put together isnt illegal thats how it should be that i wont be able to say the loan was therefore void and i cant claim restitucinery damages ect and i wouldnt then be able to claim all the solicicitors fees they charged plus legal fees when they tried to possess my home (loan was secured)

isold my car and took another loan to save it to sell myself as my now ex husband didnt tell me he wasnt paying it anymore as i was divorcing him and the solicitor said i wouldnt win anyway on my own and id end up paying thier legal fees as i know nothing about litigation :( s

so after feeling i was finally taking them on im deflated, before i spoke to the solicitor i ranf GE they gave me a new ref no and asked what outcome i wanted i told them i wanted ppi back plus interest plus all the legal fees when they tried to re possess my home, they said the solicitors i was using stopped responding so as it had been a while i wasnt bothering ???

i dont trust them i think they will start with the rejection letters of 2008 but i kept a copy of every letter i sent them and thier replies from when i started to when the crappy law firm took over so will i stilll be in with a chance if i pursue :) sorry its long winded

im new

please advise

i took a secured loan with GE money(first national) through a broker (click for freedom) in 2006 with my now ex hubby, it was for £7500

they added the ppi for £2065.50 together to make one lump sum(is this illegal)?as they charged me the sum as a whole with the interest instead of separate.

Anyway the pppi was forced on us we where told no ppi with them no loan plus iv found out it only covered 5 yrs of the loan instead of the 10yrs the loan period with,

i also found out that as a second applicant my ex hubby was main applicant i wast covered anyway and as i worked for the council at the time i didnt need it as they have long term sickness payments anyway,(solicitor told me )

anyway i tired and got the same its not our problem response and i have kept every copy of every letter i sent plus wht they sent

i instructed a ppi law firm in nov 2008 they till 6 weeks ago dint do much so i instructed them to stop on my behalf,

i then today decided i would pursue it myself,

i have been to court in 2007 with GE trying to re possesss my home as my now ex hubby decided he wouldnt carry on paying it as i was divorcing him so he stopped paying the secured loan with GE and the mortgage with the Chelsea ,

so j ha d 2 re possessions on it

i had to sell my car and take anpther loan to pay it all

i went to court and even though i had the money GE still wanted possession

the judge was on my side :)

but to get back to my claim the ppi was missold and is it illegal to out the loan and ppi together????

and if it is i was going for resitutionary damages as it was not a legal loan and if its not legal all the interest the court fees (trying to repossess) solicitors fees default notices ect ect calling in notice ect ect but the solicitors i called off the case

rang today and said that the loan and the ppi together isnt illegal (im confused)

i was telloing her i was going it alone she also said id only get my ppi back plus interest but if i went to court myself id lise and that GE woukd eat me alive and id pay all thier fees s

o after ringing GE TODAY they gave me a new claim number and said they would deffo be in touch(think they will go back to fobbing me off in 2008)i thought i might be getting somewhere as they said they hadnt heard from the law firm i instructed for such a long time they wasnt sure what was going on they seemed ok on phone

then the law firm i instructed the told not to bother rang me and said id never do it alone id end up payingt thier legal bill ect so after determination to go it alone

im scared law firm said id never get restutionary damages im lost scared deflated HELP XX

you REALLY need to tidy up your story before we can help you.

i've done my best

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Anna,

Sounds like the solicitor firm are trying to scare monger you into going back with them so they can wrip you off.

There is nothing they could do for you, you cannot do for yourself with a little help from caggers on this site.

Sounds like you may have a good case for claiming all the PPI back for yourself.

How much have you been paying per month just for the PPI? You should be able to get this information from your loan agreement and also what was the interest rate on the loan?

DJ

Hi i have paid the loan off a year after i took it out as i sold my home, the APR was 12.9 .The monthly repayments where £138.16 but that included the ppi as it was totted up in one monthly payment, does anyone know if i should have been reimbursed the ppi as i paid the whole amount in full after one year instead of the 10 year term :)

Oh and i really want to take GE to court as they did with me i was in bits after what they put me through because of my ex , id really love to turn the tables on them and win just dont want to lose the case and end up paying thier legal fees but part of me is saying so what just do it, has anyone won a case against them after taking them to county court themselves :/

yes you can get that PPI back + int.

have you got the agreement you could scan -up....?

for us to be sure of the figures?

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, have scanner i think but i dont have a clue how to use the thing lol il ask for help from my son when he gets back but sure he doesnt either will try very hard lol we bought it 2 yrs ago and used it for print and copying but coulodnt figure out the scanner :0

hi the date of first payment was around the 15 th of July 06 the final payment was on 14th march 2008 we sold the house to pay them off final payment was £10,911,48 that included £52.13 interest,£172.49 settlement fee plus £200 settlement admin fee :( its not good what they charged me

Ok Anna,

So according to my calculations and following the FOS guidelines, you should be claiming back:

Cost of PPI: £2,065.50

Compound interest: £252.94

8% on monthly repayments: £173.96

8% on balance from loan settlement: £473.09

Total claim = £2,965.49

Now go get your money back Anna.

DJ

well done dj

dx

siteteam

and they

Thank you guys for your advice ,can i claim all the legal fees ect if they pay my ppi back too ? and how long does it take to get through the court and will they contest iv got my court claim pack and if i win il put some money into this great forumn xx:)