Stress at Work?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I've had a busy day of trying to sort things out today.

Got my employment handbook - nothing in there apart from the fact that the grievance procedure should only take a month max and can only be extended on "mutual agreement". I never agreed to it being extended.

Went to the CAB - caseworker is too busy but gave me the legal aid number. I rang and spoke to an advisor, but was told they wont take my case due to time limits.

She said that I should have lodged my complaint at the ET within 3 months even though I was doing the grievance at that time and as I didn't, they can't help.

My union are saying that I'm clutching at straws and as it wasn't in the original grievance it can't be brought. They are basically saying that I wasn't discriminated against in any way as they don't believe I have a disability.

So I not a good day in all. I feel like I've just back round in circles!

Hello again. Poor you, sorry about your day. I'm not an ET guru and stand to be corrected, but I just thought you were meant to exhaust the internal grievance process before you went to tribunal. Have you looked at the Tribunals Service website for guidance, or directgov or ACAS?

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ah yes! I forgot that bit - I got there to be told that he'd forgotten and had gone out for a meeting. They then tried to say I had the wrong day...which doesn't help when you already feel barmy!:razz:

He rebooked to see me on Wednesday. So I'll see what happens!

• 9 months later...

Hi,...you dont know me, but my God...we share the exact problem! I had seen over 27 doctors and have had all the ailments you complain of and strangely Occupational Asthama as well. I never knew that stress could do this!

I share every nerve of mine with you! I know exactly what you are going through....and did I say I am an ex teacher myself.

The harassment, victimization, is all too familair.... Sadly my issues go back to start around 2005 and it hit me badly by 2007.

Unions are a waste of time! Home insurance solicitors lead you on and when the money is dried up..they drop you!.

ET cases are nice however did anyone tell you that they can claim costs against you to a max of £10K and they may also refer this to county court for taxation.

As a teacher who after 6 month and 6months...they would not entertain a further 6 months pay despite saying so in the burgundy book (injured at work) ....almost pennyless...and threatened with mor cost.

When you are vitually pennyless and all your pride is broken....what else do you have....but to self represent...which is what I did....then they scare you with costs....I have a family and I was the breadwinner....I cut my losses as how can you fight the county which has endless amounts of resources and money.

I took ill health retriement from TP and also in receipt of DWP industrail injuries.....sadly income 1/3 of what I once earned....but sadly every day I wish someone could help bring justice.

I had no one to accompany me to court I would have liked anyone for moral support....

I cannot tell you what to do but from my experience JUSTICE DOES NOT EXISTS!

I am not a weak individual, but when the world turns on you....what else can you do.....

I now spend all my days and nights stlill ruminatiing on my expereince of injustice!

If I had to do it all over again, I would have tried to run with the ET case despite the £10K costs....however did you know if they lose then they can appeal and thereafter their legal costs can be claimed if you fight their appeal...and lose.....

How do we win???? I pray that you realize that you are not alone, despite giving our lives to education!

I wish I could speak to you and share my experience as I know of others as well.

Good luck!

God Bless.

Mr Justicedoesnotexist

I know this thread is fairly old now but could some of the possibilities be to sue for personal injury as a psychological injury is still an injury, Post traumatic stress etc.

Also could one sue for harrasment- the company and individuals whose actions are seen to be harrassing. Although i do understand that these paths would mean money to pay for lawyers- unless the harrasment was complained to the police as criminal?

Just trying to think around the box.