style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter from Ross and Roberts about 3 weeks ago ref outstanding council tax for 2009 of £389.00. I had started paying the council back and because I missed one month they sent it to the bailiffs! I am currently up to date with this year's council tax. I have been trying to contact the enforcement officer ever since I got the letter to make an arrangment, but they never call back. Anyway, I knew I would have the money by Friday just gone, as I got paid and my boyfriend was lending me some too. In the meantime the bailiff called on Wednesday when I was at work and left a letter. I tried to call the mobile number back at the bottom of the page, but just kept getting an answer machine!!! I called Ross and Roberts direct on their call centre number and asked if I could make payment on my debit card over the phone, as the letter from the bailiff stated I could. Call centre girl says no, got to pay bailiff direct. I replied that I would if I could actually get hold of him. What did she suggest? Would have to keep trying. I asked was it another ploy to get another call out charge from me? Rung the council and asked them to accept the payment , and they refused stating I would have to pay the bailiff direct . I wouldn't mind if I was trying not to pay. I just want to get this bill paid and done with. Really frustrating....

Pay the council direct online using their payment facility, write to the bailiff company stating that this is what you have done because you could not get hold of the bailiff and they refused your payment, then write to the council stating the same thing.