ESA Appeal and submission of supporting evidence - what type and time limit?

nebukhadnezzer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going through the ESA Appeals process at present and was wondering:

1) What type of supporting evidence is likely to carry more weight? ( I have already submitted a letter from my GP and awaiting a letter from my Consultant Neurologist)

2) Is there a time limit for submission of supporting evidence? ie If so when does the limit start and end?

Thanks very much all

Hi,

If you have requested an appeal to Tribunal than the Tribunal will be going through ATOSHs 'medical' report as if it was written in stone. Therefore the evidence you want is anything that directly supports your assertion and disproves theirs. [Look at something you disagree with and see what you can find to prove your point] This can be GPs testimonial, Consultants etc and also your own online research as long as it comes from a respected source - don't forget the DWPs own online A to Z of Medical Conditions...

Supporting evidence can be submitted to the Tribunal Service right up until 7-14 days before your actual hearing date. Given this can take up to 9 months to come through you've got plenty of time to research...

Best wishes

Rae

Edited by RaeUK
cos I can...

• 9 months later...

I am sorry that I cannot be of much help, except the best thing for you to do is go along to the tribunal. If you can. They won't need to see any evidence if you can get there.

Best wishes from me to you x

On another note, please can someone tell me how I can post my own topic? I am so new to forums!

I rang the day before my tribunal just to check everything and was told that medical stuff I had sent was not on file. I even sent it recorded.

I got to the tribunal early, took the paper work with me and the clerk photo copied it and gave it to the tribunal.

I had used a highlighter to show up specific points but this did not show up on the photocopies.

My tribunal was the first one of the day and they kept me waiting for a bit and then called me in.

I was worried that they would not have read it all but they had obviously read everything.

I had made the mistake of not being very detailed on my ESA50 , when it said how far can you walk, I had written - not very far.

So I was questioned a lot about the answers I had given.

When my time comes again I will take a lot of time filling in the ESA50.

The tribunal ladies were lovely, there was just 2 of them and a lady at the back taking notes.

They will not discuss any new medical ailments you may have had since your ATOS medical.

I won and was so relieved and had my first proper nights sleep for months.

Good luck.

I am sorry that I cannot be of much help, except the best thing for you to do is go along to the tribunal. If you can. They won't need to see any evidence if you can get there.

Best wishes from me to you x

On another note, please can someone tell me how I can post my own topic? I am so new to forums!

Hello there, welcome to the forum. Come out of this thread using the back arrow, then scroll up the page with all the thread titles. On the left, there's a blue button, rectangular with white writing, that says something like Start New Thread/Topic. I never remember. That way you'll have your own thread and we can advise you. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum