6-months arrears on credit report from HSBC mortgage payment holiday

Adrian_Woodhead
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August 2005 I took out an HSBC Mortgage. In September 2005, I went back to university to study for a full-time MBA.

To help with cash flow, HSBC kindly offered a 6-month payment holiday.

I took the payment holiday option in December 2005 with the mortgage payment holiday ending end of May 2005.

In June 2006 I received a call saying my mortgage account was 6-months overdue. I explained the Mortgage Holiday and was sternly told, “HSBC doesn’t do Mortgage Payment holidays – and all money must be immediately repaid.”

WTF...?

I arranged a payment plan to pay off the £4,400 ‘holiday arrears’ over the next 24 payments. It was about £180 per month.

But because of the HSBC Mortgage Holiday, my credit score has been destroyed. My Equifax credit report lists me a “Poor” and shows 6-months mortgage arrears from the period June 2006.

ScreenHunter_06 Aug. 14 13.18.jpg

Is there any publicly available evidence showing HSBC have given out bad advice with Mortgage payment Holidays?

I need to get this removed from my credit file and will call the HSBC Mortgage arrears team – on Monday (08456 029 512).

Before I call, I need your help to provide previous examples of HSBC giving out bad 'Mortgage Payment Holiday' advice...

Any sources or ideas?

Have you checked your statements for that (holiday) period Adrian ..... My daughter (who is has been given a mortgage holiday with Halifax) tells me that although it was done over the phone (no paperwork) the next statement confirmed the fact that she was taking this holiday ........

If not , as Hugh says ... there should be something somewhere to support it ............maybe if you SAR them? Then they'll have to produce notes /letters referring to it ........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Something is seriously awry with HSBC these days. They are using these bulk automated debt recovery systems that run roughshod over individual customers arrangements. Presumably you can dispute a mortagage account? Ask them for their final response and then file a FOS complaint form.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Good advice from The Debt Star there Adrian :), however, if you SAR them first at least you'll have some paperwork to support your complaint to FOS ... they prefer you to have exhausted 'all other avenues' before they take your claim seriously ......and you may even be able to go back to HSBC with the ammunition they are required to send you .....

Meanwhile , your Mortgage account is 'In Dispute' .......tell them so when they start asking for money ..... they're not allowed to chase you for it until the dispute is settled .....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D