Halifax overdraft withdrawn with no notice - now being chased by Blair Oliver and Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you said they said in writing

.....that they were transferring our account to another company and not to do anything as this will not affect us....

halifux are now part of loyds banking group, so is maybe prob just going there for internal 'admin' purposes.

don't worry, just continue payments.

could phone them up to double check and that your SO doesn't need to be changed.

imo

Edited by Ford
typo

It does not make sense the change from BOS to BLT with 3 payments to go.The last time I checked LLoyds and Halifax had separate trading licences.

I think this is a case of go with their arrangement,as I feel we are reading more into this than needed.

You are still dealing with Halifax as the OC,the other 2 BOS and BLT are just mouth pieces for the group,the debt has not been sold,it really does sound like an internal adjustment

Regards FS

update - I went into the branch and the lady who served me didnt have a clue, tried to tell me that their systems had been updated and as such was unable to access the account. She told me tha the account had been sold to another debt collection agency and could not help me! I soon told her that it hadnt and that BLS were in house team. We eventually got through to BLS who gave me the ususal 'increase payments, settle acct ' crap. what was more interesting was that I was told that as the account had been passed to collections once the overdraft is paid they are closing the account and end of story - are they allowed to do that?

Dudley, did the payment go through ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

It bothers me no end that they are refusing to provide you with a statement.. why is this I wonder. Will look into this further for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you considered making a subject access request to the Halifax.. you should specifically request statements.. as well as the other stuff mentioned in the draft letter in the CAG library. It will cost you £10.00 and they have 40 days to comply.

BCOBS

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I wanted to update my thread and to ask for some futher advice if I may!

Well the time has come to pay the last installment of this wretched account, after paying back over £3,500 majority if which is bank charges we have £123 left to pay. This wil be cleared at end of Jan. However we have been told that this account will close once we have cleared the overdraft- can they do this? we dont want to lose the account? any help on this would be apprecaiated.

On another matter of the charges, am I right in thinking that once we submit a SAR that we can attempt to claim back the charges that they have slapped on this account over the years?

I look forward to hearing from anyone!

kind regards

Hi Dudley,

Sadly yes they can close the account..

If this is a current account, then I think you would have a hard time reclaiming charges. However, it might be worth your looking at the BCOB articles which can be found in CAGmagazine, but I have linked them below for convenience.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?827-Examples-of-unfair-treament

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?829-Charges-successfuly-reclaimed-from-RBS-last-year

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?825-BCOB-the-hidden-rules

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?824-Does-your-bank-play-fair

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?826-How-Can-BCOB-Protect-You-From-Your-Bank-s-Unfair-Treatmen

If you want further help with this.. then just let us know.

BCOBS

check your credit files. it may be down as an 'arrangement to pay' or the likes. once paid, it should be marked as 'satisfied' or similar. which is better than unsatisfied re a credit check. but, in any event your rating may not be the best due to the 'arrangement'.

can we oppose the account being closed? Is it in our favour to have it closed? or will it do our credit rating good to close it?

I will try and find some answers to this question. I really dont know !!

BCOBS