Moneyclaim Interest on Interest?

Leo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

No you don't HAVE to - but you are entitled to so there is no reason not to!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

look in the template library theres a spreadshhet in there that does it all for you.

Oh you have to enter the charges and the dates their were imposed other than that it does it for you.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Leo,

my opinion is yes as at very least it will be a negotiating point with the banks solicitors and if the bank fail to issue a defence or just settle youve won.

The worst case is it goes before the court and they disallow the extra 8%.

If you think about it they have aquired something belonging (charges + interest)to you and benefitted from the tempory ownership of it so why should they not return it with an extra 8% (for all you know they have been lending that money out at 30% to some unfortunate with an un authorised over draft).

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

you can only claim the sec 69 interest if it actually goes to court.

And yes the interest you paid you claim along with the charges and if it gets to court, sec 69 onthe lot.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 4 weeks later...

My moneyclaim to Intelligent Finance was acknowledged on 22 September. Now I have read on here that other people have had full refunds within approx 10 days of submitting their claims with IF/Halifax. I have not even had a partial offer! What's going on? Does it look like my case is likely going to court?

uhmmm if they havent done anything within 14 days i thought you could apply for judgement by default immediately!!!! In other words you win straight away.

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06

Not really. If they have acknowledge on the 22nd September but we do not have the served date, they will have 28 days from the served date, NOT 14 days from the acknowledged date

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Not really. If they have acknowledge on the 22nd September but we do not have the served date, they will have 28 days from the served date, NOT 14 days from the acknowledged date

uhmmm if they havent done anything within 14 days

i meant including acknowledging it as looks to be the case with the OP here i.e. they havent done anything at all. So is he not within his rights to apply for a default judgement?

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

whoops sorry i missed that the OP said the bank had acknowledged his claim so still some time yet for them to issue a defence or whatever. (14 +14 days)

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

whoops sorry i missed that the OP said the bank had acknowledged his claim so still some time yet for them to issue a defence or whatever. (14 +14 days)

Cyber wrist slapping :)

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth