• Tweets

• You will probably get a couple more reminders followed by further demands fro unregulated debt collectors with even increasing amounts to pay. They are all designed to scare you into paying.  Don't. It's a scam site and they do not know who was driving and they know the keeper is not liable to pay the PCN. Also the shop was closed so they have no legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear. So to charge £100 is a penalty as there is no legitimate interest which means that the case would be thrown out if it went to Court.  Keep your money in your wallet and be prepared to ignore all their letters and threats. Doubtful they would go to Court since a lot more people would not pay when they heard  MET lost in Court. However they may just send you a Letter of Claim to test your resolve.  If yoy get one of those, come back to us and we will advise a snotty letter to send them.  You probably already have, but take a look through some of our past Met PCNs to see how they are doing.
    • Hello, been a while since I posted on here, really hoping for the same support an advice I received last time :-) Long, long story for us, but basically through bad choices, bad luck and bad advice ended up in an IVA in 2016. The accounts involved all defaulted, to be expected. In 2018, I got contacted by an 'independent advisor' advising me that I shouldn't be in an IVA, that it wasn't the solution for our circumstances and that they would guide us through the process of leaving the IVA and finding a better solution. I feel very stupid for taking this persons advice, and feel they prey on vulnerable people for their own financial gain (it ended with us paying our IVA monthly contribution to them)-long and short of it our IVA failed in 2018. At the same time the IVA failed we also had our shared ownership property voluntarily repossessed (to say this was an incredibly stressful time would be an understatement!) When we moved to our new (rented) property in August 2018, I was aware that creditors would start contacting us from the IVA failure. I got advice from another help website and started sending off SARs and CCAs request letters. I was advised not to bury my head and update our address etc and tackle each company as they came along. Initially there was quite a lot of correspondence, and I still get a daily missed call from PRA group (and the occasional letter from them), but not much else. However, yesterday i had a letter through from Lowell (and one from Capital One) advising that they had bought my debt and would like to speak with me regarding the account. There will be several.of these through our door i suspect, as we did have several accounts with Capital One. Capital One have written to us with regular statements over the last 5 years, and my last communication with them was to advise of of our new address (June 2019), I also note that all of these accounts received a small payment in Jan2019 (i'm assuming the funds from the failed IVA pot). Really sorry for the long long post, but just thought id give (some of) the background for context.... I guess my question at the moment is.....how do I respond to Lowell...do I wait for the inevitable other letters to arrive then deal with them all together or individually...? Do I send them a CCA?  Many thanks
    • hi all just got the reminder letter, I have attached it and also the 2nd side of the original 1st pcn (i just saw the edit above) Look forward to your advice Thanks   PCN final reminder.pdf pcn original side 2.pdf
    • The airline said it was offering to pay $10,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.View the full article
    • The Senate Finance Committee wants answers from BMW over its use of banned Chinese components by 21 June.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Robinson Way-What do i do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have several debts, of which all are being paid off on a repayment plan, these debtors include HBOS who were the slowest in confirming an arrangement with me.( took 7 months!! ) The rest including Barclaycard could not have been more helpful.

However i have now received a letter following telephone calls every day for the past 4 days from Robinson Way containing a Formal Demand for Payment. If i do not pay the debt in 10 days then court action will be taken. I have refused to discuss anything with them on the telephone as i had not received the letter until this morning and i would not answer security details.

They state that they are acting on behalf of HBOS ( Halifax Credit Card ) although i currently have an arrangement with HBOS which is reviewed every 3 months.

Should i just ignore these threatening twats or what.

Any advice would be really welcome as letters like these really scare and worry my wife.

Thank you

Send a CCA request letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Send recorded delivery with a £1 postal order and do not sign it.

They have 12+2 days to comply with your request.

Send to Robinsons

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

You say you have a payment plan, is this a voluntary direct with the creditor or is debt management involved.

Don't worry about the threatogram they always say that they will take action within a short period.

I too have received a demand from Robinson way. Firstly these important looking envelopes I think are already harrassement and impersonating a court order. They are not court orders and you have nothing to worry about.

It is highly unlikely they are nothing more than chancing it.

I agree that sending a formal cca request is the way forwards recorded delivery so you can track it and with a £1 post office cheque.

Can anybody advise me on what to do when the account that Robinson-way are chasing is currently in default with Capquest..?

If you have sent the Account In Dispute letter to Capquest, then they have acted wrongly in selling it on to Robinson Way.

I'd send a copy of your Account In Dispute letter to Robinson Way, along with the Account Sold On letter, which you can find here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

The Account In Dispute letter clearly states that a DCA is not allowed to sell on an alleged debt while it is in dispute.

You say you have a payment plan, is this a voluntary direct with the creditor or is debt management involved.

Don't worry about the threatogram they always say that they will take action within a short period.

Hi, it is voluntary with the credtor, i was going to ignore anything from Robinson Way as i would have thought that HBOS would have contacted me to state they had transferred my debt.

Hi nobbyn

Halifax did exactly the same thing to me in Jan - I entered into an informal agreement with them - they allowed me to pay my 3 mths then allowed an extention for a further 3 mths. when i cam to make the last payment in the second 3mth cycle they refused my payment and told me they had passed it onto their inhouse debt collection - pre litigation no less - Blair, Oliver, Scott - they didnt bother writing to me or anything basically because they dont have to...

i never recieved anything from Blair, Oliver, Scott but did get mail from Igor - I then sent them the CCA req letter and lo and behold they passed it onto Robinson Way last week. i sent them the indispute letter and have just recived a letter stating the account is on hold until they get info from Halifax.

the moral of the tale is........Halifax do what they like so play the game back - send off the CCA letter in the link that someone has already posted for you and just sit back and see hwat they produce - if anything.

as a matter of interest is this a credit card, loan or overdraft debt?? the more info you can provide on this site the more help you can get.

hope this helps put your mind at rest - you're not the only one mate

TB

Hi nobbyn

Halifax did exactly the same thing to me in Jan - I entered into an informal agreement with them - they allowed me to pay my 3 mths then allowed an extention for a further 3 mths. when i cam to make the last payment in the second 3mth cycle they refused my payment and told me they had passed it onto their inhouse debt collection - pre litigation no less - Blair, Oliver, Scott - they didnt bother writing to me or anything basically because they dont have to...

i never recieved anything from Blair, Oliver, Scott but did get mail from Igor - I then sent them the CCA req letter and lo and behold they passed it onto Robinson Way last week. i sent them the indispute letter and have just recived a letter stating the account is on hold until they get info from Halifax.

the moral of the tale is........Halifax do what they like so play the game back - send off the CCA letter in the link that someone has already posted for you and just sit back and see hwat they produce - if anything.

as a matter of interest is this a credit card, loan or overdraft debt?? the more info you can provide on this site the more help you can get.

hope this helps put your mind at rest - you're not the only one mate

TB

Thank you for the info, my debt is a credit card with Halifax. I have a standing order, so i am just going to carry on paying Halifax direct.

Thank you for the info, my debt is a credit card with Halifax. I have a standing order, so i am just going to carry on paying Halifax direct.

They state that they are acting on behalf of HBOS ( Halifax Credit Card ) although i currently have an arrangement with HBOS which is reviewed every 3 months.

Typical of Robinson Way...!

To be honest as much as i dislike RW - the fault here lies with the Halifax and the fact that they will not take on board the fact that people are having finanical difficulites and just refer them to some DC without telling their CUSTOMER. They do this because as soon as you cannot afford to pay them they no longer class you as a CUSTOMER, just some low life scrounger who is a thorn in their money grabbing side.

if Halifax were more reasonable about things they would probably find that people would not find this site and therefore not find out their rights etc etc. the bottom line is if we aint got it you cant have it.

I hope you get this sorted, there are loads of people on here who are in the same boat and are willing to help.

You situation is exactly the same as mine - if you have a look at my Blair,Scott,Oliver thread i got some great advice - it might help you

thanks

TB

To be honest as much as i dislike RW - the fault here lies with the Halifax and the fact that they will not take on board the fact that people are having finanical difficulites and just refer them to some DC without telling their CUSTOMER. They do this because as soon as you cannot afford to pay them they no longer class you as a CUSTOMER, just some low life scrounger who is a thorn in their money grabbing side.

if Halifax were more reasonable about things they would probably find that people would not find this site and therefore not find out their rights etc etc. the bottom line is if we aint got it you cant have it.

I hope you get this sorted, there are loads of people on here who are in the same boat and are willing to help.

You situation is exactly the same as mine - if you have a look at my Blair,Scott,Oliver thread i got some great advice - it might help you

thanks

TB

Thanks TB and everyone who has replied so far, it is much appreciated

Nobby

Send a CCA request letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.

Send recorded delivery with a £1 postal order and do not sign it.

They have 12+2 days to comply with your request.

Send to Robinsons

Thanks HUFU i am going to send today, but just to be sure ( i am a bit of a thickie!! ) as my debt is a credit card do i delete the term s.77 and replace with s.78 throughout the CCA letter?

Thank You

Nobby

You have nothing to worry about, I have an absolute mountain of letters from these threat monkeys threatening everything bar sending me to the tower

Not one of these threats has been carried out and that is in a space of around 3 years

I shall continue to collect and ignore, whilst slowly investigating the data protection angle regards whether or not I gave each of the original OC's permission to pass my private financial details (in most cases so far - NO, I DID NOT!)

:mad:

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Thanks HUFU i am going to send today, but just to be sure ( i am a bit of a thickie!! ) as my debt is a credit card do i delete the term s.77 and replace with s.78 throughout the CCA letter?

Thank You

Nobby

If you want to, Yes, or leave as is

Edited by Hardupnotfedup

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Thank you for your confirmation on the letter.

On another side issue, RW continue to call me every day ay 8.00 am ( which i think is a bloody cheek ) and at 4.00pm, i do not answer their calls, should i speak to them or continue to ignore.

Many Thanks

Nobby

Robbers Way are a bunch of halfwits (and that is being very unfair to halfwits!). I have just taken great delight in writing to them and telling them to contact their client (Sharklycard) as they are demanding payment from us for a debt that has been paid off (we have it in writing from Sharkleys)... I told them if they contacted us again it had better be in the form of an apology!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

I sent the CCA letter 2 days ago and now the twice a day phone calls have stopped, i hope that is not just a co-incedence...

I suppose i just wait and see what they come up with now?

Obviously spoke too soon, had 2 calls today 4.30 and 5.30 iam sure there will be another one at 8.20 tonight, they are getting on my nerves.

My wife may answer the next call and tell them i am on a 10 month contract in China and she will not divulge my address.

If you have sent the Account In Dispute letter to Capquest, then they have acted wrongly in selling it on to Robinson Way.

I'd send a copy of your Account In Dispute letter to Robinson Way, along with the Account Sold On letter, which you can find here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

The Account In Dispute letter clearly states that a DCA is not allowed to sell on an alleged debt while it is in dispute.

i dont think it has been sold to RW they are acting for the OC

quote:-

Thank you for your confirmation on the letter.

On another side issue, RW continue to call me every day ay 8.00 am ( which i think is a bloody cheek ) and at 4.00pm, i do not answer their calls, should i speak to them or continue to ignore.

Many Thanks

Nobby

if you can afford a truecall (£80 ish) then no more unwanted calls- ever ( and deduct it from what you owe them)

Thank you for your advice everyone, has a second letter from them today demanding immediete action as the unpaid account is in their hands to collect.

The debt is not unpaid, i have been paying back a set amount to HBOS each month and will continue to do so until they return the payments to me.

I sent the CCA letter to them, what should i do if i have not heard back from them after the 14 days is up?