Mercer debt agency/barclaycard and CCCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help I think I may have been duped by Mercer. I am in the process of DMP with CCCS and I received a letter today from Mercer saying they will be sending a debt collector around so I rang them and told then that I was in process of DMP with CCCS, they told me that barclaycard don't deal with CCCS, so they have allowed me to pay back £65 a month. So I agreed, I haven't sent any money off yet. But I am now worried I have walked into their trap. Can CCCS still help me? I have £46,000(without interest) to pay and my figure that CCCS worked out is £453 a month to pay back to all my creditors.

I am now worrying sick. Please reply.

Hi,

If you happen to ring them again (WHY???) record the conversation so you can use it in evidence against them should the need arise.

I am sure I've seen it somewhere on this site that banks have a duty to speak to DMP peeps and as CCCS is funded by the banking/credit industry.

I wouldn't send them a penny and phone CCCS to tell them what has happened. They will give you good advice.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they told me that barclaycard don't deal with CCCS
They do.
I received a letter today from Mercer
Mercer are the in-house collection arm of Barclays.
So I agreed, I haven't sent any money off yet.
Don't, let you DMC sort it out... they're hoping to get more money than your other creditors.
Can CCCS still help me?
Yes.

Please note it is a condition of holding a credit licence that creditors deal with properly appointed representatives. it is embodyied in the code of practice and OFT guidlelines under section 2.8, paras c and d. To not do so is a breach of said guidelines and provides a prima facie case for formal compliant to the regulators i.e. OFT.

regards

oilyrag.:)

Mercers will try it on. Barclayshark will try anything they can think of.

I'm with CCCS and they do deal with them.

Mercers were ringing my mobile 10-15 times a day from 8 am till 9 pm I've still not spoken to them and have no intentions of doing so either.

I've sent them the harrassment letter also pre-empted their doorstep collector letter by sending them the don't darken my doorstep letter.

Stay calm, be firm and don't let their WE MAYs worry you, that is all they are may be.

Don't pay the sharks a penny, do it all through CCCS.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation