What option do I have

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps I'm just after a bid of advice really 6 months ago I got a car on finance with black horse from a vauxhall dealer and ever since I've owned it it has had nothing but problems it has had 15 problems fixed under warranty and now something has broken again I'm just sick to death of it now I can't sell it cuz it's on finance and the settlement is more than wat the car is worth so I just wanna know if there is anythin I can do cheers

Hi and welcome,

a few qusetions; when did you buy it, is it a new or used car, what were the nature of the faults and the current one?

Don't worry about the finance at the moment as you may have grounds to reject the car and let the dealer sort it out.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Hi thank you for the reply I got the got the car in feb from a vauxhall dealership in Cannock called brindley vauxhall it was a used car a 2007 plate vauxhall corsa Vxr which was up for £11.500 when I first received the car it had a knock went back to vauxhall for 2 weeks to be fixed which turned out to be a driveshaft since then the bits I have had replaced are

Maf sensor

Fuel filler cap

Head lights

Coil pack

Thermostat

Heater matrix

Top suspension mount bushes

Drop links

Spark plugs

Rear wiper motor

Rear screen washer

Handbrake cable

Wheel bearing

Half shaft

That's wat I can remember and now when it's cold it misfires really badly and when It warms up it idles really lumpy

Blimey! What a list!

You didn't mention what the problem is now. How many miles has it done? From what you paid for it, I would guess not many! Also, I note that you have owned it for 5 months which is good news as the SOGA will apply.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by 'when I first received the car it had a knock...' Do you mean you had a bump in it?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

The problem is at the bottom of the list ie miss fire when cold and sorry for bein a bit vague lol the knock I mentioned was when u put it on full lock the noise you got was a knock knock knock which was the cv joint on the drive shaft the mileage is 42k it had nearly 40k when I brought it but had a new engine fitted by vauxhall at 28k

The problem is at the bottom of the list ie miss fire when cold and sorry for bein a bit vague lol the knock I mentioned was when u put it on full lock the noise you got was a knock knock knock which was the cv joint on the drive shaft the mileage is 42k it had nearly 40k when I brought it but had a new engine fitted by vauxhall at 28k

Mmm, thats above average mileage for a 3 year old car which suggests you have certainly not had a bargin! I wonder why it had to have a new engine at 28k as well. Are you sure it hasdn't been in a accident becauise most of your list suggests that may be the case.

In any event I think enough is enough and you should be seeking either a repacement of a refund. Write to the dealer stating that with this new problem, you have now lost all confidence in the car because of the historical problems so you would like a replacement or a refund. Mention that as you have owned the car for less than 6 months, the SOGA will apply should you decide to persue your statatuory rights. I think they may try and fob you off by saying that this is a new fault and they should have the oppotunity to rectify which is correct in normal circumstances. But I think a court would sympothise with you here. You may like to have a word with consumer direct (Trading Standards) to see if they agree with me before you do anything. But from now on I would put everything in writing an also inform the finance company.

Please Note

• Haha 1

just spoke to trading standards and they pretty much said the same as you gonna type a letter up now and see what happens they also said if i get fobbed off they will get involved thank you very much for your advice and quick replies u have been very helpful :D

just spoke to trading standards and they pretty much said the same as you gonna type a letter up now and see what happens they also said if i get fobbed off they will get involved thank you very much for your advice and quick replies u have been very helpful :D

No probs, please keep us posted as the conclusions to your situ may help others.

Please Note

Pop into another VX dealer with the registration and ask for a printout of it's service history. This should also show the engine change and why.

Oops - meant to ask - what is the finance, is it HP or a car finance loan?

It's hp I think

As I said earlier (post #6), you need to advise them of the situation.

Please Note