Capital One and FPC

snoring norman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum and have picked up some helpful advice. I was just wondering if anyone can help with my problem with Capital One. I lost my job a while ago and i have got to the point where i couldn't pay them any money. I used the stop intrest charges template letter which they ignored. They have now sent me my default notice and am now getting calls from FPC 4 times a day( i haven't answered yet!) but i have no letter from Cap one saying that it had been passed to them. Do you think i should request the cca from cap one? i'm a bit puzzled by it all! any help would be appreciated. I opened the card in 2008 i think online if it makes a diff!and does it matter that i never activated the card and only did it for a 0% balance transfer

Edited by snoring norman

Hi,

Have you any idea how much of the balance is made up of charges ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi mate thanks for replying. It's about £200 in total by just looking at it While checking some paperwork tonight i found this letter that they sent me.

Dear Mr

Important information about your credit card agreement

please find enclosed a copy of your credit card agreement which was applicable when you opened your capital one account. we have sent this as the original copy which came with your credit card contained a printing error.

since opening your account, your credit card agreement may have changed and you will have recived a notice of variation setting out the details of the changes. if this is the case then the enclosed financial details are NOT your current terms

please accept our apologies for any confusion caused. if you have any questions please call us

i never received any other documents as my mrs keeps them all!! does anyone think i can challenge them on this. i never activated the card and only used it for a 0% balance transfer. i'm not really sure what i'm doing so any advice would be great

• 2 weeks later...