Urgent! advice needed please company owes me money!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have carried out a lot of building work for a company who have gone into liquidation 2 days ago. They owe me £29,000 plus VAT (although I am VAT reg so think I get that back?) On the company register is still says they are in business, how long does it take to update?

I don't know if I trust the guy he claims he knew nothing about it and he had put all his own money into it etc etc and now has nothing. He says there is enough money in the business to pay everyone he owes but the liquidators have full control of all his money. He says he has opened another account to have future payments paid into can he do this?

What can I do? Help please! Any advice would be greatly appreciated I am going to lose everything.

Thank you in advance : )

OK, the first thing is that he should tell you who the liquidators are, and then you should contact them to confirm that it is in liquidation and that your claim has bee recognized. They then investigate and produce a report stating if there will be a payout to creditors.

He should not be trading as the limited company or using any of the limited company assets (including bank accounts, stock or the website) if it is in liquidation.

Although this does not stop him setting up an entirely seperate company

Thank you so much for replying. We are trying to get hold of him to find out the liquidators as we speak and also trying to see our accountants to let him know etc. Just so difficult sat here being able to do nothing!

Thanks again for sound advice : )

Ok feel slightly better, we have the name of the liquidator and coincidently we have received a letter from them this morning explaining that they will have a meeting next week. THerefore they obviously know about us.

I suppose we just wait now, is it normally a lengthy process do you know?

Hello all

I have carried out a lot of building work for a company who have gone into liquidation 2 days ago. They owe me £29,000 plus VAT (although I am VAT reg so think I get that back?) On the company register is still says they are in business, how long does it take to update?

I don't know if I trust the guy he claims he knew nothing about it and he had put all his own money into it etc etc and now has nothing. He says there is enough money in the business to pay everyone he owes but the liquidators have full control of all his money. He says he has opened another account to have future payments paid into can he do this?

What can I do? Help please! Any advice would be greatly appreciated I am going to lose everything.

Thank you in advance : )

I'm sorry to put a dampner on this but if the above statement was true he would not be in liquidation.

I do hope you get your money back - Good Luck