Vanquis Repayment Option Plan??!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have a vanquis card and have done for a about a year or so now, only use it for emergencies etc.. well i only ever usually read how much i need to pay and pay it online but noticed on my last statement i am being charged £20.22 a month for something like "replayment option plan/repayment protection plan" so, i rang them up and they told me its so that if i get made redundant etc i can put the account on hold for a certain amount of time, but that amount of money a month seems like a hell of a lot for something i dont need as i dont work now (my other half does but ive not long had a baby!) can i cancel it and if so how etc, i currently owe approx 500 pounds which i aim to be paid off over three months then i am cutting the card up as the charges are extortionate! many thanks zoe

Hi Zoena, Why not do a Subject Access Request. This costs £10 which you should pay by postal order and send recorded delivery. This will give some useful inside information on your account such as when this "protection policy" was added, then have a look at the PPI forum, plenty of advice there on claiming back this unwanted insurance with interest!