• Tweets

• I had to deal with these last year worst DCA I have ever dealt with. Just wait for the constant threats of CCJ and how you'll lose in court and how they won't do medication and they want the judge to question you with a load of "BIG" words to boot with the letter. My case was struck out in the end, stupidity on their part as I admitted to owing the debt in the end going through the court process was just a formality as they wouldn't let it drop despite me admitting the debt regardless. They didn't send the last part of the court paper work in so it ended up being struck out
    • Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed Urgently Barclaycard/Mercers

gem77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does it matter then whether they have the original or just a scanned copy? I thought it wouldn't make any difference as its still a copy of the original showing my signiture etc.

The difference would be, if this went to court, the creditor should have the original credit agreement. However, as it is not a reconstruction but a copy of the original document, a judge may decide to accept the copy document. It would be down to the judge on the day.

But BC rarely take their cases to court ............ 8-)

Edited by slick132
typo

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all. BC have been rather quiet lately so been concentrating on my MBNA who have decided to take me to court. However I recieved a letter today from Debt Managers Ltd demanding the full amount and that interest will be charged at 1% a month. Do I reply with the same thing i've keep sending BC stating the amount I can afford each month? I still have my SAR to do as money has been very tight lately but will get it done asap do I now send it to Dept Managers Ltd of still to BC.

Hi Gem,

I assume the letter from Debt Managers is for the BC a/c, but please confirm.

Ignore DM and send the SAR to BC as soon as you can if you think there may be penalty charges you can reclaim on the BC a/c. If you delay doing this, you will lose out on a/c data that is older than 6 years.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick, Yes, sorry the letter from debt managers was for my BC account. I have a few charges on there from the last 6 months but I also have PPI that I took out when I applied for the card even though I stated I was self employed. This goes back to 1999 though. gona send the SAR as soon as hubby gets paid.

If you stated on the application form that you were self employed, this should certainly help in reclaiming the PPI plus compound interest at BC's contractual rate.

The £10 SAR fee could prove to be £10 invested very wisely.

Disputing the PPI, once you get the SAR data, will put the a/c into formal dispute and any DCA will have to back off.

8-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all Recieved another letter today from Debt managers LTD. Reads as follows:

NOTICE OF LEGAL ACTION

Your failure to respond to previous letters has resulted in your account being passed to this department for court action and our solicitors may prepare the court papers within 7 days. If you wish to avoid legal action you must now pay in full today using the attached giro or you can phone and pay by debit or credit card or alternatively you must immediately telephone our legal manager on 0844 225 3047.

Supervisor

Court Department

Should I be worried about this. I am sending the SAR today 1st class recorded. What should I reply to DM?

I am getting so stressed out with all this now it is really getting me down.:sad:

Hi Gem,

Good to see you're sending off the SAR.

You can now reply to DM Ltd saying you have sent a SAR to BC because of a potential dispute over charges (you don't need to tell them any more than that). Accordingly, they should hold off any further collection activity pending resolution of the dispute.

This is just one of their usual letters and is very unlikely to lead to the court action threatened.

8)

Hi Slick. Yep sent off today 1st class recorded. Ok so I will send a letter to DM tomorrow.

I am a Little jittery as people were saying that MBNA were just threatening then court papers fell through the door :shock: and the BC acount is double what the MBNA is. Lets just hope there are more charges than I relise and lots of PPI that might reduce it by quite alot :wink:.

Thank you for all your help. My head is just buzzing at the moment trying to fight off all these vultures!:!:

Hi Gem,

No guarantees given here !! But BC tend to be slow to litigate.

Hang on in there.

8)

I am also dealing with barclay card credit card, Car limit was 500, few years before and now my remaining balance is over 1100, i understand I am lazy in keeping payments but whenever they put pressure on me i se minimum arrangement to pay them, this also haappened when BC passed my case to Marcers and I made agreement with them paying 15 a month.

can i ask BC to send me complete list of my payment including payment I made via marcers. will this be possible if BC have recors of my payments to marcers.

Thanks

Can I reclaim any charges. i only spent around 400 out of 500 limit now I owe them over 1100.

Any format of letter available so I can request barclay to provide me full list of account statements from start of my account with them.

thanks

To Zeeshop,

I'll answer your queries on your own thread.

8)

Good luck with your SAR, I am just going through the process with the help of Slick (gotta love that guy) 8-)

Thanks Laalinz and you are so right. both slick and andy from the MBNA forum have been a god send dont know what I would do without them.:-D

Letter sent to DM ltd. lets hope they back off.

recieved this today. Please can someone let me know what I should reply. I sent a letter stating I had sent an SAR request to barclaycard but they have obviously ignored that. starting to panic now.

Document removed just now as it still showed personal data. 8-)

Edited by slick132
doc't removed re anonymity

Thanks laalinz.

It just all gets on top of me at times. I also had a recorded letter from the posty but missed him so cant get it till tomorrow and worrying what that is now as well. Not having a good day!

Hang in there. I am in the same boat, worry about what the postie is going to bring everyday. I always feel better after coming on here, and believe me some of the things DCA write can have you spitting feathers.

At least you are not just burying your head in the sand and you are taking measures to sort this out.

We are all here to help

To have such support on here does help alot. I dont know what I would have done without you all infact I dread to think. I am hoping the recorded letter is the SAR responce although I have never had one sent recorded before. just praying it is not another set of court papers!

We will help keep each other strong laalinz we can beat these vultures! x