Bryan Carter Summons - **CLAIM STRUCK OFF DUE TO NON COMPLIANCE BY BRYAN CARTER**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the case has been struck off by court,,,,does that mean egg bank chase me any more.

or does it mean they can still pursue it, and take me to court again???

The case has been thrown out... they dont normally get two bites of the cherry but they can appeal against the decision of the court and comply with the instructions they previosuly ignored. It would be down to a judge to decide whether it was just that they have a 2nd chance when they ignored the court the first time.

I would say chances are they wont appeal but there are no guarantees I'm afraid. They have a set time to appeal the decision by the court.. usually 14 days and anything out of that time would make it harder for them still.

For now I'd relax and after 14 days I'd relax even more :-D

S.

its been over 3 weeks now, since then egg has contacted me,asking if i was willing to settle for £1000, if so they need more info work etc

also been informed egg is now owned by barclays

Well there is a reason they are offering to settle for 1k on a 6k debt isnt there :-)

Did they mention the court case at all, threaten to take you back to court? Who was BC's client? Who was taking you to court

S.

nothing, no mention of anything.

All I know is , got a call out of blue stating, Hi Mr xxxx you offered £1000 as a settlement on so and so date, how soon can you come up with that.

Took my budget sheet details, and said would come back to me.

That was 2 weeks ago

the company was DLA Piper

at one stage they were arguing over their costs etc.

Also I have notheard from them either.

Ok, just read back both threads... you know there is something dodgy about the agreement when they pass it around so much :)

Basically you have been taken to court for this debt by the then owner... they didnt comply and the case was thrown out.. they missed the normal deadline to appeal and would need to give very very very good reasons to a judge why the claim should be re-instated.

So it looks like this debt will continue to be sold and chased by other DCA's basically... but and this is the good part... BC has spoilt the apple cart for all other owners of this debt as its been the subject of a court case.

Thats why the debt repayment offer was now suggested and they are agreeable, cos they cant take you to court for it anymore :-) Beware tho that they can still frag up your credit file and phone and chase you but so long as you dont acknowledge the debt in writing or make a repayment it'll go stat barred in 6 years from the last acknowledgement/payment made.

If they ring again I would tell them to put anything they have to say in writing as you dont deal with financial matters on the phone... when they write you can send a nice short sweet letter stating its been subject to a court claim which was struck out and therefore they can whistle dixie for the debt.

S.

yep great news here.

ell spotted this a year ago.

egg and that DCA have really played their last cards there...........basically begging you to pay them.

there are lots of debt threads on here where 'discounts' are offerd

they all go no-where

it'll be a paperwork error or

more than likely

unlawful charges and mis-sold ppi issues.

if you really want to run salt in their wounds, then start a reclaim for the unlawful fees and interest

and the ppi if you've got it there.

and as the debt has been sold, these reclaims will go to you pocket!

intersting scenario...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I wouldnt settle it, I'd be happy with them trashing my credit file as I dont wish to use credit again... others may disagree and see the 1k a small price to pay for complete peace of mind but you would need to ensure that they dont sell on the rest of the outstanding balance to someone else and that your payment is received in full and final settlement... also they'll probably mark your credit file as partially settled so it'll look as bad as a default anyway.

At the end of the day they had a chance to take you to court and enforce the agreement and get possibly a charging order, they blew it and now whilst the debt may still exist, the chances of them taking you to court have decreased dramatically

S.

they knew from the start they never had a hope of money from you

dont let them fleece you now

do it to them

get reclaiming...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...