Bryan Carter Summons - **CLAIM STRUCK OFF DUE TO NON COMPLIANCE BY BRYAN CARTER**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mean to scare you however have a look at my thread you need to understand that things have changed while Mr Carter may not actually go through with it you need to be prepared for it. The way things stand at the moment DN's - Brandon v Amex , Agreements - Carey v HSBC Judges can do as they like and ignore the law! Just trying to help I hope he backs away..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283825-Update-to-my-previous-threads..

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Please do not PM me I do not use the PM service. Please use a link on my thread for any help or to talk.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Please do not PM me I do not use the PM service. Please use a link on my thread for any help or to talk.

hi

i tried to reply to you pm but will not let me send stating your inbox is full.

Thanks for the message.

I have read it, but still confused and worried.

I am not sure what I need to say when I get to court.

If I don't attend, then I assume they will get an automatic judgement.

Please help me, advice would be appreciated.

Not attending would not be good infact would look very bad. I will have a quick read again and see if I can help or point you in correct location. I have deleted some messages now ...

SEE MY THREAD UNDER DEBT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262325-Bryan-Carter-Court-Summons-Issued&p=3199261#post3199261

Let me tell you what happened.

My egg card debt got passed around to debt agencies and then finally ended up with Bryan carter solicitors.

1.got a letter from carter telling me that they are filing for a court order.

2,.got summons

3.sent it back that i am defending, along with my defence.

4.Then they sent me allocation questionaire, I filled that and sent back.

5.got a court date

They have sent me a agreement, printed straight of egg website, totally blank.

they also sent me default notice, along with some statements and terms & conditions.

Please help someone please

I have a court hearing coming up in few weeks, and i have no idea what i am going to say or do?

Can someone please advise or guide me on what to do.

What i should say in court?

What i should take with me?

Etc etc

Thank you

Thread moved to Legal Issues

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Check what your documentation from the court says. I suspect you'll need to send in a court bundle and possibly a witness statement.

Include everything you have to do with the loan, copies of all the letters that you've received and sent. Put them in date order, number them, and do an index. You'll need 3 copies, one each for you the claimants and the judge. In fact it may be wise to do 5 so that you can take 3 to court in case anyone hasn't got theirs. See this very useful post by BRW.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?163425-Re-Me-vs-MBNA-court-case-looming-help-please-**DISCONTINUED**&p=2171582&viewfull=1#post2171582

It is vital that you attend and it is vital that you are prepared. It may be that BC will back down as suggested by others, but for now you have to assume that this will go to court and be as prepared as you can be.

Did you really have a 25 page defence? :jaw:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for that, I have all copies.

I did do a defence, was done by a solicitor for me and the number was in that region.

It was a creditcard.

What I am worried about is when the judge asks me why I have not made payments, what do I say ?

Well can I ask what reason was?

That's what you tell the judge then.

That defence of yours - you may well find that you need to answer questions on it so you must make sure that you are prepared for that.

No-one can predict what the judge would order. One step at a time.

How much is the claim for?

Worst case is that you lose and have costs awarded against you. Do you own your own property?

You can't pay what you haven't got though, so may be as well to take work out your budget so that if worst comes to the worst you can produce it for the judge to show what you can/can't afford.

[AFill in this budget sheet. You might find it useful to do for yourself anyway.TTACH]23232[/ATTACH]

Budget Sheet.xls

• 7 months later...

PLEASE ADVICE

Finally after numerous date changes to court hearing was finally set for

July 2011. I did my pre-trial checklist etc.

This week I got a letter from court the case has been STRUCK OFF due to non compliance the lenders solicitors.

Do I need to do anything anymore?

does the debt still stand orwritte off ?

I have also been informed EGG is now owned by Barclays

Please help

Will amend your title to reflect this. Just make sure you keep ALL the paperwork you have in respect of this claim. JIC

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D