Welcome getting desperate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had an automated message on the phone from Welcome Finance saying;

'.....please make sure there are funds in your account to pay the direct debit when your monthly payment is due....' or words to that effect.

They must be getting really desperate now if they are reminding people to pay their accounts!

jed

I know what you are saying Hardup, but I haven't had a minutes bother with this lot since I set up the dd. But, since they are getting desperate for money now , I think I will change it to a standing order.

Cheers.

jed

They probably paid between 500 and a 1000 for that 9000 debt, it is probably unenforceable that is why they have offered the F&F, if you are happy to pay start a lot lot lower around 1200, but don't increase your offers, make the next offer 1100:D

Have you CCA'd them to see if they are entitled to collect.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

What is that, Jed? I don't understand.

Sorry maggie, I work away, hence no reply till now.

I think Hardup got it wrong, I dont think Welcome buy debts, they are a loan co.

What I meant maggie, is that Welcome are notorious for having unenforceable credit agreements, in other words, the agreements cannot be upheld in a court. If you go on the Welcome page you will see what I mean.

Postggj is the expert on Welcome agreements. Have a read of his posts.

I meant to put this thread in the Debt collection forum, not this one.

I still got replies though eh?

jed