Energie Fitness - Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently cancelled my membership to Energie fitness club in Milton Keynes. I was well outside of any 12-month fixed term contract. I informed them via e-mail that I was cancelling my membership on the 1st April which was the same day as my direct debit went out. I then cancelled the direct debit so no payment was made after the 1st April.

Six weeks later I received a letter with the title ACCOUNT OVERDUE FINAL REMINDER. They are saying I am £31.00 in arrears (my monthly fee) and that if they do not receive payment "your account will be passed on to an independent debt recovery agency without further notice to pursue the balance owing on your account. This could affect your personal credit rating and may involve legal action being taken against you."

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I stand here, as I gave notice one month before the next fee would have been due, and did not go to the gym at any point during this month (or indeed the previous 2 months).

I have phoned the gym twice in the last 2 days, both times I was promised a call back from either the manager or membership person, although I am still waiting for this call.

If it changes things at all, I didn't even sign a contract with Energie as the club was owned by Fitness First when I joined and was recently bought by energie.

they will ignore you to keep you thinking they are correct in still charging you.

have a read of a few threads here, you'll soon get the idea.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...