Suspended from work??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was called into the office this morning and told i was being suspended from work pending an investigation. They would not tell me why i was being suspended though. Can they do this or do they have to at least tell me what im meant to be accused of?

Hi,

Your employer is not under the obligation to inform you of the alledged charges held against you at this stage. Upon the investigation, if it is decided that there is a disciplinary case to answer, your employer will let you know in writing.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after the meeting with my bosses and HR it would seem that it was something and nothing and there was no reason for me to have my contract terminated. However, lately i have had some personal problems and not been in a good place, so my work standard may have dropped a little (understanable if you knew the reason) now, on friday all the other engineers had been thinned out and gone home, i had completed every job given to me and assumed that everyone had been thinned out. So today i am called into a meeting with the two project engineers and asked why i had left early, i gave them the reason i already outlined and then it felt as though i was being bombarded by both of them unfairly i felt. Eventually they found my breaking point due to the personal problems and i told them so, i left the building to try and compose myself and ten minutes later i went back into the office (boardroom where we were before i walked out) and they were gone. So i rang my boss rather than go up to the office as i was still a little upset, no one answered, so i stayed a further 20 minutes and also rang the HR supervisor (as she had stated if there were any further issues then i was to ring her immediately) she herself did not answer so i left the office to go home. I felt this was completely unfair to have no representation after everything i had gone through (personal issues) what i aim to do now is wait for the HR rep to ring me back, if this has not happened by close of play today then i shall ring my bosses and explain that i feel the situation was dealt with unfairly and a HR rep was not made available as i was told earlier. I am however scared that i could be dissmised from my job immediately, or does this carry a written warning?? any help appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT

The project enginee ang me to say there had been a meeting and the result my contract would be terminated. I have to wait and see what it says in the letter, but suely i should have received a written warning and not terminating my contract like that?

Edited by petethemanc
update on what happened.

This meeting today was kind of related to the suspension, as they mentioned the leaving site ealy incident (which carried no warning in anyway) and after the suspension i was told there was nothing to follow up, and that i could return to work immediately which i did. I had been with the company 7 months.