Mum vs Barclays (Personal)

neilvw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading all the FAQs etc etc I feel I'm ready to claim back the £1,586 that Barclays owe my mum over 6 years for her personal a/c (will tackle business one later)

Have adapted the Prelim letter in the Library and it's ready to post along with the spreadsheet and £10 cheque. The letter's going off to

Barclays Bank plc, Retail Banking and Customer Relations Dept, Leicester LE7 2BB

I'm off to Birmingham to visit my dad tomorrow and will post it along with her Abbey one and all my Data Protection Act requests on Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Will post again as soon as I have news

Neil

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

Mum vs Barclays - SETTLED FOR £1,200

Mum vs Abbey - court date 23/2 - SETTLED FOR £1,720.76 at last minute

Mum vs HSBC - SETTLED FOR £1,733

5% donation to site when our refunds are received... Read the FAQs First!

Sending Barclays Data Protection Act tomorrow, Special Delivery.

Will post when I have a reply (or not!)

NEIL'S CLAIMS... Halifax - N1 being submitted 26/2 (£3055) Barclays - offered £540 - N1 due now (£1686) MBNA - SETTLED FOR £1,412.86 Barclaycard #1 - microfiche - complaint to Info Comm'r upheld, info now in - claim to be merged wth B'card #2 in LBA, due now (£800-ish) Halifax Visa - SETTLED FOR £1,067.43 Mint - refunded £427, pursuing remaining £179 contractual Marbles - SETTLED FOR £346

• 5 weeks later...

An offer from Barclays for £785 arrived 26/9. Too little, too late.

Moneyclaim submitted in the wee hours of 28/9 for a total of just over two grand. Fairly quick and easy after doing the same with Abbey an hour earlier, as I could just copy and paste from that one's particulars of claim (painstakingly crafted to fit in the miserly 24 lines) and just change the relevant details.

Claim number: 6QZ67854

Amount claimed: £2000.48 plus £120 court fee

• 4 weeks later...

Barclays finally acknowledged on the 16th, with just a day to spare.

The formal notification in the post was signed by Adrian Ruffhead, a Legal Executive at Barclays' Litigation and Disputes department at 1 Churchill Square. My mum used to be a legal executive, by the way.

So Barclays are dealing with things in-house, as Abbey have now decided to do.

The 31st draws near - I can't wait for their defence.

• 2 weeks later...

MCOL inform us online that Barclays have submitted their defence, but we're yet to see a copy. Not expecting anything earth-shattering.

You'll get a copy of their defence and the AQ to complete in the post in the next few days. You can compare yours with mine which can be found on my thread at #105. there will be little difference (if any) I suspect.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Cool, thanks m8.

Well, Barclays' defence arrived today, and you were right - it's absolutely identical to yours! And it took them and Abbey almost until the deadline to get this cut-and-paste job to the court....gives u an idea of their workload at the mo!

Welshman - Do you know what the average time is from defence to pay-off these days for Barclays?

Cheers

Neily