Halifax loan under Kensington DMP, now Robinson Way chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CHEERS FOX

A different DCA (blaire & Oliver ) initially agreed a £80 repayment Sceme month which myself and Citizens Advice done with a Financial Statement. Then next thing i know Robbers way are chasing it ???

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how they work Tally :)

As soon as they net a "payer" they lull you into a false sense of security then move you on to another DCA to try and up the payments.

Stick to your guns about what you can afford, and keep on keeping it in writing.

Don't let they're b******t panic you. Stay cool and firm and they'll move on to easier prey. ;)

Elsa x

Tally 69

If you start sending them a token payment of £1 per month then you are showing that you are not ignoring them. They will complain and write to you (or phone) and tell you to pay more they are not accepting the amount you have offered. then ask them for it in writing. Set it up a a Standing Charge (Not Direct Debit as they can vary this, where a standing order can only be changed by you.)

If you are getting phone calls that are making your life unbearable, call your supplier (BT for example) explain that you are getting nusience calls and you wish to have your number changed because of this, they will do it immediately and there is no charge for doing it. The only draw back is that you then have to notify the people who you want to have it. (but obviously NOT the finance companies or debtors). But it at least takes the pressure off you at home with regards to getting calls.

These people want their money will send you letters asking for you to call them as they have something to discuss with you about your account. "Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES call them," do EVERYTHING by post and make sure that is recorded delivery. If you do phone them, then the make it from a call box, their computers will record the number you call in on and then they will keep calling that number (shame if its a call box).

I did this and at least don't have the annoying calls now...

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Offer them a Token payment of £1 a month at the present time. You have to sit down and be fair to ALL your creditors. You must be fair to them all, not showing any favourtism to any one in particular.

Exactly what have you said to the Ombudsman, are you asking him to say how much you should pay them? You should be working with the CAB or similar organisation (not one paid by the creditor) and work out all your debts and split your available money fairly between them all. If one creditor finds that you are not paying them fairly they can take you to court to get a formula worked out by the courts office, and they do not work in your favour. (I know I had it done to me when I first got problems with Northern Rock and we were left with stuff all to buy food with.)

You said earlier that you didnt think the CAB were your best option, I would be inclined to go to one of the "FREE" companies to help you. Your circumstances have changed dramatically and you need to get all this under control. Don't offer them £20, just make a token payment of £1 (this is what I was adv ised to do on Monday this week when I went to a Legal Debt organisation, they then can not accuse you of not paying anything.

You have to get on top of this asap as this will help you mentally and not affect your relationship at home.

It doesn't matter what you pay them they will still ask for more, but if you haven't got it, they can't have it, and will look very silly if they try and take you to court after working it out with a reconised organisation like PAYPLAN or CCCS like Silverfox suggested.

Edited by keefyboy
added final sentance

Hi Silverfox

Please dont think I am trying to hijack the help you are giving Tally 69, just trying to make them understand how important it is to work a payment plan.

KB

I have 5 creditors in total.

I done a financial Agreement with CAB and sent it off to the creditors.

3 ov them are being paid,

1 i haven't heard from and then theres halifax.

. At the tyime Blair & oliver had the debt and we arranged a £80 payment to them.

Then heard nothing till Robbers way got in touch ? ?

Should i send them a CCA letter and a doorstep letter or sit and wait ?

Kensington are a debt management company and i thought they would help. But didn't really. So not sure if i trust management companies TBH

I'd send them a CCA request and the doorstep letter and reiterate that this account is clearly in dispute awaiting adjudication by the Financial Ombudsman. I personally wouldn't offer them any payment until they prove the debt, but it's up to you.

Mainly you need to try and relax. Even if they did turn up, (which I seriously doubt-they rarely do) just stop them in their tracks (hold up your hand, say "Let me stop you right there-and give them the doorstep letter. Tell them to read it OFF your property and firmly close the door.) They can't come in. They can't take anything. They HAVE to leave if you tell them. End of.

Seeing as BOS are "Halitaxs" in house DCA if they have sold it on to "Robbers Away" it probably proves its a real lemon and they might not have the paperwork to even enforce it ;)

"I am no Solicitor but deal with REAL hard case lawyers everyday, this gives me the strength to deal with the lightweight idiots that are thrown at me everyday by DCAS :D"

I'm Confused :confused:

After being harrased by Robbers way and recently receiving a letter mentioning a Doorstep call i have received a letter this morning from HALIFAX saying basically my accounts in arrears yet if im making any payments to continue as i am. I'm not paying a penny yet, Waiting for a call back from CAB see what they say. Does this mean Robbers way aint got this Debt ? :confused::smile:

Thats the attitude to taken with these people, they are scroungers, they buy these accounts off the major companies for a pittance and then threaten you silly with everything to try and get you pay up so they can make a profit from it. If that means breaking a few rules or laws on the way they don't care...

KB

Well thats more or less what CAB said.. Computer generated letters and idell threats, If they turn up i have a Doorstep call letter printed out ready and i shall tell them to go forth and multiply ha ha :lol:

Well thats more or less what CAB said.. Computer generated letters and idell threats, If they turn up i have a Doorstep call letter printed out ready and i shall tell them to go forth and multiply ha ha :lol:

that and a good bucket of slappy cow dung to throw over him as well of course

QUICK QUESTION PPL

When i come to pay these how do i go about paying. Monthly i want but i dont think Direct Debit would be a good option ? :confused:

Edited by tally_69

Hi Tally 69

Just do nothing, and don't jump the gun about how to pay them. Deal with that "If & When" you have to.

Do NOT under any circumstances set up a Direct Debit, as they can change the amount that is taken from your bank without you knowing, and their answer when you contact them about it is " oh the letter telling you of the change of amount must have got lost in the post" (No wonder Royal Mail is backed up so much, its all the DCA letters that have gotten lost).

You can set up a Standing Order, they can not change that under any circumstances, you control it. So if they demand £10 and you have worked out the figure, being fair to all your creditors, is £1 then you set it up to pay £1....and they have to accept it.

But just wait until the Ombudsman makes he's decision. They will have to abide by it, I dont know what your grounds of the appeal, but just wait,

we are all the same on here, most of us in exactly the same circumstances as you, and we know it is a slow process, (it took the ombudsman 9 months to decide on mine) so just wait and worry about these little things later when you have an answer.

As the CAB have told you, most of these letter are computer generated and the purpose of them are to frighten you into paying, and it works in a lot of cases because people don't know about sites like CAG who can help them get justice....

So don't get worried, do as you are doing, if you get a letter and are not sure on what to do with it, post it on here and we can advise you what to do next. Also, you don't have to answer these letters straight away, they can go to the bottom of the pile and dealt with when you get to them.

One of the main things is you must treat "all" your creditors the same way, because if you don't then one is bound to find out and cause all sorts of grief for you. When you get to that stage after the decision from the OMb's then we can guide you through the process in dealing with them fairly.

KB

RIGHT UPDATE

Looks like Robbersway have passed my debt onto a company called

HORWICH FARRELLY SOLICITORS

Anyone heard of this company before..

What do i do now

Info please :rolleyes:

Just read through Letter, Website www.robway.co.uk

Sounds alot like robbersway lol

Edited by tally_69